• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Funding in Leeds?

Smallerme

I wondered if anyone on here has been successful in getting funding in Leeds? I'm at the very beginning of my wls journey, I have a GP appointment on Monday. I know I fit the criteria but it can be hard to get the funding and it's in the hands of the pct. Real life Leeds stories would be great.

Hi, I'm also from Leeds. I went to GP in January 2012. First appointment was with Dietician at Armley on 8th May, then to see Mary the WLS dietician 25th July. Saw surgeon, Mr Pollard on 20th August, had pre-op same day. Op was on 19th December. Compared to some a very easy journey.

Wow, that does seem very quick compared to some. I vaguely knew someone who had a bypass done a few years back and that was done in 3mths start to finish. This is giving me hope I won't have to have a massive fight on my hands. Fingers crossed eh.

How did it go? x

GP was lovely and supportive. I have an MOT with the nurse tomorrow to get bloods done and measured up. The GP was looking up exactly how to make referral etc as ages not done it before. I felt listened to and not embarrassed at all which was important to me. So we will see. I just need to put some lead weights in my pockets to teeter over 50 BMI tomorrow, lol!

Be honest. They will advice one surgery or another based on what you tell them.

I said my portion sizes are too big and I eat my feelings.

Nb my gp got my funding before I did anything else. X

Just want to wish you luck hun. For your appointment just be honest and tell them how much your weight effects your life and how much the surgery would improve your overall health.
Im from Leeds too and although my GP made me lose all my weight myself ive just been granted NHS funding for a tummy tuck so there is funding available so long as you meet the criteria which you said you already have :D

I saw my doc in Oct 2012 and have been thou weight management in armlet too UV just been referred to hospital had call today to say I've been approved for surgery im in leeds . good look

Good luck to you all hope you get the funding me and my friend are from leeds she has been offered funding for bypass so there is funding in leeds for wls unfortunately I was denied funding but am now due to get a band dun on 17 nov with hospital group. If the funding dose fail the hospital group do a payment plan but hopefully you all get the funding fingers crossed for you

Good luck:)
In Wakefield and having first apt with weight loss clinic people in couple of weeks. Hope it's not too long untill I'm in your shoes! X

Back