• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Yummy & low fat

mandymoo

Thought I would start a thread to help us along, with ideas for yummy low fat food. Heres mine -
Quork cheese, add a small amount of strong mature cheese or blue cheese. Leave over night to bring out the flavours. Lovely :)
Quork cheese, add chocolate spread (1 or 2 tablespoons. Leave over night, helps with the choco cravings.
Both from slimming world, both really yummy. Mix in well & the longer u leave it the stronger the taste xx

Sarah Metcalf said:
Thank you, great thread. I've never heard of Quork cheese, what is it?

Thanks Sarah
It the same consistency of phillidelpha, a bit bland but when you add cheese or choco it's lovely & lasts forever. It comes in a tub like cottage cheese. Asda do it but I imagine all big super markets would do. Xx

Quark also nice with a little of options drink (powder) mixed in with it, creates a choc mousse consistency xx

I was going to say with a choc options in, you can sit and dunk your chunks of fruit in it :) Delish, and for the record on www.bariatriccookery.com you can find a recipe for wls friendly chocolate truffles which uses quark as an ingredient :)

I like 0% total fat free yoghurt with splenda and lemon curd stirred into it. Its filling and yummy. Just the thing for a late night attack of the munchies
Jo XX

They all sound delicious, I think I am going to have to try some of these suggestions for quark cheese, thanks everyone xx

Thought I would start a thread to help us along, with ideas for yummy low fat food. Heres mine -
Quork cheese, add a small amount of strong mature cheese or blue cheese. Leave over night to bring out the flavours. Lovely :)
Quork cheese, add chocolate spread (1 or 2 tablespoons. Leave over night, helps with the choco cravings.
Both from slimming world, both really yummy. Mix in well & the longer u leave it the stronger the taste xx

:)Sounds good to me-I remember"quark" from SW days-never did finish a tub before it went off-so bland!!!

Another one to try-
Cook onions until soft put them into a oven proof dish, cook a packet of pasta in sauce (any variety - I liked the cheese & broccoli)
Add to the onions then whisk 2 eggs and pour over put into the oven until cooked. Slimming world, very yummy & will last for ages xx

I make mini quiches with it too, also an old SW recipe, 4 eggs, tub of quark or cottage cheese, n basically add anything u like, ham, mushrooms sweetcorn the list is endless, i use the silicone cupcake moulds n bake in o en approx 15-20 till set, ideal fir pack lunches n can freeze them too

? lemon curd I love it but isnt it just too full of sugar to use in recipies. if not then that sounds so morish yum yum :)

heres another sw recipe for meat eaters,
pack lean minced pork
chopped onion
back bacon all fat and rind removed
3/4 boiled eggs
fry chopped onion in frylight until soft, add dried herbs if like
mix into minced pork with seasoning
line a loaf tin with bacon
place half mince into tin
stand boiled eggs up right in mince
cover with rest of mince
cover with bacon