• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cider Glazed Pork Chops

Dodsie

Ingredients:
one cal cooking spray - about 5 sprays should be enough
1 Pound lean boneless pork chops (I used leg steaks)
1 cup apple cider
brown-sugar artificial sweetener (1 teaspoon equivalent) (I used Splenda)
1 teaspoon Dijon or Grain mustard
1/2 cup fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth (I used a cube for this)
2 tablespoons cider -vinegar
(though this bit is not in the original recipe I added 2 tablespoons low fat cream maybe WW or Elmlea double light- so dont forget to add on the cals/fat content if you choose to use this!)

Serves 4
1. In a nonstick frying pan, heat cooking spray until hot but not smoking.
Saute the chops for 2 mins on each side then remove them and keep them warm (maybe wrap them in foil?).

2 Stir together the cider & brown sweetener & add to pan. Simmer uncovered for one minute then add mustard, broth & vinegar stirring to scrape up any brown bits. Simmer for around 5 mins until sauce is slightly thickened.

3. Return chops to the pan with any juices that have accumulated. Turn chops in sauce to coat them & simmer until done to your taste.

This is my add on - when ready to serve take the chops out of the pan & keep warm and add two tablespoons of low fat cream. Simmer until the sauce is thickened (remembering to stir).
Then pour this over the chops -Yummy!!

Nutrition per portion:
Cals: 257.40

Protein: 26.04g

Fat: 13.55g (Remember this is WITHOUT cream)

Carbs: 8.20g

Cholestrol: 0.03mg

Fiber: 0.02g

I made this in the week and everyone loved it.
I thought that the sauce was a little sharp without the cream.

Shh! dont tell anyone I found this in a WLS recipe book and borrowed it!

Obviously everyone is at different stages and what they can tolerate so modify the servings as you wish. I had my chop over 2 meals. (about 2-3 ounces each time).

Enjoy!! xxxx

Back