• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

20th Nov - pre-op diet buddies?

Im doing the milk diet on 20th Nov - anyone else doing a pre-op diet around that time? I know of one other, so maybe we can give each other support...:D

u will be fine ....focus on ur goal .......u r stronger than u think,good luck

Why do you feel grumpy?

Im missing my toast, and its only day 1 :D

So far, I have had my jelly (orange flavour) and am, for lunch, having a giant mug of milky coffee.

Should keep me sorted til 'dinner' time....

Was it a normal jelly or one made with milk? I found milk ones did keep me fuller for longer ~ and also used a travel mug for my coffee, to keep it warmer for longer, which I could then sip for longer which also helped to keep me feeling less hungry :) if you have a frother or if not get one if you can,( a little hand one is good if you're at work) frothing the milk with the coffee or indeed milk or milkshakes and makes it thicker and can also help make you feel fuller :)

hang in there hun!

Hi Widdershins.
Im day 2 but allowed soup as well. Not been too bad, lots of milky coffee which I love. Had a sugar craving today though which was strange as I dont have much sugar normally. When is your op and what are you having done? Good luck, Im sure you will be fine. Its great to have the support from the others here :)

Hi Widdershin,
I am only starting my pre-op diet in about two weeks. I too am a carb-addict, so guess I will find it hard too.
Im going to try stick to the moto that every day I stick to it, the more successful the op will be - and every pound/inch off, will never to be seen again!!
Good Luck
SNx

Hi Widdershins.
Im day 2 but allowed soup as well. Not been too bad, lots of milky coffee which I love. Had a sugar craving today though which was strange as I dont have much sugar normally. When is your op and what are you having done? Good luck, Im sure you will be fine. Its great to have the support from the others here :)

Day two for me today - How are you finding things?

My op is 4th December, am having R-N-Y at St Richards in Chichester.
I could have done the other diet, which is mainly meat, but I think the milk diet is better for me - eating would only make me crave carbs!

Strange that you've had a sugar craving - especially if its not normally your 'thing'. Are you allowed jelly?

Hi Widdershin,
I am only starting my pre-op diet in about two weeks. I too am a carb-addict, so guess I will find it hard too.
Im going to try stick to the moto that every day I stick to it, the more successful the op will be - and every pound/inch off, will never to be seen again!!
Good Luck
SNx

Ok, thats a really positive affirmation you have there - thanks for sharing!

Today has been easier - mainly because Ive sorted myself in my head. Ive now divided the jelly into 3 pots, so I can have 3 'meals' with it. My Bovril I have at dinner time - bovril for mains, followed by jelly and a milky coffee!

Ive not been hungry really, so cant complain in that area. I guess im missing the chewing!!!

Hi everyone I am on day 7 of low cal pre op diet,i have my pre op assessment tomorrow and my gastric bypass next Thursday.excited but nervous.

Started mine on 19th day 3 am on the milk diet but we are not allowed soup or jelly its 4 pints of milk 1 yogurt a day end of :( what I am missing is something savoury am struggling to get the allowance down and cant fit in water as well lol

I managed 1 soup today and 2 pints of milk. Saving my yoghurt, going to have it later :) Going to add a Cadburys Highlight (40 cals) to some milk. I dont know about Jelly though. I like the positive thought that what we do now lays the firm foundation for afterwards. We can do it girls, we can!

lol well i got old mother hubards cupboard when I aksed about a slim a soup or something apart from tht yogurt was told nope no way have a oxo cube just tried one its nasteeeeee so stick with my milk and 1 yogurt lol

As you know G I'm doing the other one. Half way through now, my stomach just keeps growling all the time I really miss carbs! And sugar although I was never really craving that before. My mouth is rank all the time it seems.
But on the plus side, I'm being really good, work had a party during our meeting this week, my team mates keep eating cake and sweets too! I have lost 1/2 stone already, so really pleased.
Keep going girl, the end is in sight it gets better after a few days in :)

Cor, thats harsh, just milk and a yogurt - I will stop moaning!!
I really look forward to the Bovril - Im savoury person, so without that, I mightve caved in by now!

As you know G I'm doing the other one. Half way through now, my stomach just keeps growling all the time I really miss carbs! And sugar although I was never really craving that before. My mouth is rank all the time it seems.
But on the plus side, I'm being really good, work had a party during our meeting this week, my team mates keep eating cake and sweets too! I have lost 1/2 stone already, so really pleased.
Keep going girl, the end is in sight it gets better after a few days in :)

Keep thinking of you - Im quite lucky in that we really dont eat in the office, we use a room at the end of the building. Mind you, when I was doing the dogs breakfast this morning, it did, momentarily cross my mind to eat a biscuit! He he he! :eek: I didnt.

Yup, Ive lost about half a stone too! Its that which keeps me bouyed - am only on day 3!

Hubby is astonished that Im actually eating the jelly, but needs must eh?

Yeah, Im getting the weird mouth too - but all I keep tasting is salt. I miss it too (salt).

Im not managing to drink all of the milk - I knocked some over at work and flooded my desk yesterday.

And that crusha stuff is blooming vile! Reminds me of the medicine we had when I had chickenpox or something....think I shall stick to the mixed spice!
(Getting inventive!)

Was it a normal jelly or one made with milk? I found milk ones did keep me fuller for longer ~ and also used a travel mug for my coffee, to keep it warmer for longer, which I could then sip for longer which also helped to keep me feeling less hungry :) if you have a frother or if not get one if you can,( a little hand one is good if you're at work) frothing the milk with the coffee or indeed milk or milkshakes and makes it thicker and can also help make you feel fuller :)

hang in there hun!

Tried making the milk-jelly, and it curdled!

Anyone tell me where Im going wrong?
(As you can tell, im not Nigella in the kitchen...in fact, im not Nigella at all!:D)

Last day of my pre op today. Just clear fluids for me tomorrow and Nil by Mouth from Midnight tomorrow. Hoping the weather doesn't disrupt the flight!!
Good news is another 3lb lost. Keep up the good work friends x

Back