• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Please Help at my wits end!

Jinjanut

I have been having trouble keeping much down this week. It has been getting better but can only sip very small amounts of water less than 1/2 a litre a day, had very little purée as it feels uncomfortable. My dietitian keeps saying I am eating and drinking too fast. I can't drink or eat any slower. 2 teaspoons of low fat custard in 30 minutes! Not sure how to get it any slower! I'm going to A & E tomorrow if I can't get more water down today as I need to be hydrated. It feels like I have indigestion as soon as I have anything. Has anyone else had this. Don't know what to do feel very fed up :(

Sorry about the double post! On iPhone on train it told me it has not posted and then it was a duplicated thread, I thought someone else had wrote the same title so changed it and posted it again Doh!

I love, im wondering how long ago did you have your op.
Im on day 8 post op and all my wind and pain problems have mostly gone now. At first i could not eat at all and kept on fluids only, but i think it will depend how far out of surgery you are. xxx

Have you tried varying the temperature of what you are eating/drinking? I find nearly 1 year out that unless I have a warm drink first thing in the morning then I feel bloated and sick all day.
much love
xxxxxxxxxxx

The amount of fluids you can take in are concerning to me, i worry you will become dehydrated.

As for food put it on your spoon and literally nibble little bits off and suck it before swallowing, your custard i mean not a big lump of meat...

If i was you and it doesn't improve and your team don't help then present at A & E. Also go see your gp and see if he/she can speak to your consultant xx

I had my bypass op on tuesday and all seems to be fine- I was allowed home yesterday. I do feel "funny", like chest pains or "stitch" when I drink water, clear soup or liquid yogurt. I presume that is normal, considering the op. I am just getting fed up with liquid. and the worst thing is that any food that I can smell, brings the craving.

The advice I was given was what ever you areeating in the earlier stages whether it be liquid or solid should only cover the tip of a teaspoon. Itshould be no bigger than a rubber on the end of a pencil, then in between each bite put the spoon down and when you have finished wait a while and pick the spoon up again. As for drinking its the same a newly post op mouthful should be 1/4-1/2 of the size that it was pre op. I am nearly 2 years out and still get trapped wind if I gulp my fluids to fast. Try leaving the thicker food/purees for a day and go back to fluids as this will give your pouch a rest.
I also agree with Julie if you are still not taking a reasonable amount of fluids in by tomorrow you should go to A&E as dehydration will make it worse.

Jinga has already done the backwards step, I've been helping her in a different section of the site because initially she thought it was a blockage caused by eggs. I think that now, as it has been what, 3 days? It is definitely time to get some answers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Jinjanut said:
At the a&e in Walsall :)

So glad to hear it, update us when you can x don't let them fob you off!

I spoke to me team and they spoke to the surgeon he says that it's normal but to go to a&e for fluids. I was also told Dr El Hussaini makes the hole quite tight so you don't regain weight in 5 years. Let's see what a&e say xxx

Even with a small stoma it's still possible that you can develop scar tissue which would make it tiny and cause symptoms like you've been experiencing, so hopefully they will do some investigation. You shouldn't need iv fluids to help you along normally! Sorry if my advice over the past few days hasn't helped you along, I thought things were getting better or I would have said a&e as a definite sooner.

So still at a&e! Had an anti sickness injection in my bottom. That hurt. It did not stop the vomiting. Just waiting to see what's next! Xx

good luck huni, it sounds like your certainly going through it. i hope they sort you out soon. big hugs xx

Aww you poor thing, I hope they sort something out for you. Seems you are having a hottible time of it at the moment (HUG) XX

Thinking of you precious and hoping for better days very soon, sending a humungous hug and loads of love xxx

Hi all, still in hospital. Looks like I am going to stay at the Manor until Monday when they do a barium test. They will find out then if there are any problems. Then they will talk to Dr El Hussani and see if they can sort it out or whether they ship me back to him.

My mom has given them strict instructions that I am not going back to Kent :)

Thank you all so much for your support and kind messages. They have helped me so much xxx.

I'm so sorry you're having such awful problems. I hope they get you sorted out soon.
Grace xxx

Back