• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

advice needed vomiting blood...sorry bit graphic

thanks for the advice denise, the clot was darker, i've been feeling a lot better since i go home from shields hospital, i've been taking it really easy to be on the safe side the ward change would explain why i couldn't get through! but i'll definitely get in touch directly with srh if i'm feeling off again, shields hospital didnt seem to have a clue

Hi Racheal i was just wondering how you are now?

Hope you are well now. xxx

hope your ok hun and it wasent anything serious xxx

Fish is notoriously bad post-op. It's quite tough to digest. I craved it like mad after my op and as soon as I could go onto 'solids' I had to hjave fish. O dear. Big. BIG. Mistake. The pain was horrific and I upchucked everything. Only now, 2 years on, can I tolerate it and it has to be very well chewed or in a sauce.

The 'dumping' wasn't classic sugar dumping - it is reaction to fat as our replumbed bodies digest and process foods very differently. I had something very similar after I drank a sugar-free, but creamy milkshake soon after bypass. O boy did I suffer. Stomach cramps, the shakes, sickness - I thought I was going to pop off the mortal coil!

You did the right thing by seeiming medical attention - *any* blood in your vomit, new or old, needs investigating.

I do hope you are OK now and haven't had any further episodes.

And, step away from the fish. For now ;)

Fish is notoriously bad post-op. It's quite tough to digest. I craved it like mad after my op and as soon as I could go onto 'solids' I had to hjave fish. O dear. Big. BIG. Mistake. The pain was horrific and I upchucked everything. Only now, 2 years on, can I tolerate it

I crave fish and can't tolerate it at all- not even prawns/seafood. It's good to know I might be able to eat it again eventually !

Last edited:
glad everything is ok hun x

Glad you're feeling better Lovely. I'm really lucky because I can eat fish with no problems at all. I had poached salmon on week 4 at my works Christmas do which I mashed with a little potato and hollandaise sauce. Havn't tried fried fish, don't think I will either lol. Not worried about the fish but more the fat content. I'm ok with prawns and sea food too. Guess you just have to try things and see and if they don't sit right give it a month and try again.

Kate x

hi all just a little update, i've been fine since discharge from hospital, been taking it easy baby steps are the key i think and i'm happy with the way things are going, much love to all and a happy new year!

So glad to hear that hunni xx

thats good news Racheal xxx

Back