• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

After all the stress...it's about to get better!

Went to see my GP, she agreed with me that I should let the team know of my concerns over having a Band instead of a Sleeve, she advised me to contact my surgeons secretary.

I phoned Mr.Botha's secretary who was very nice and I explained my concerns, she said she will make a note of it and put me through to the Bariatric teams' Co-ordinator but, no answer from his phone.
So I will try ringing him, again, tomorrow.

Feel better for making contact!

Pleased to read you are making progress, good luck. I'm sure they will get back in touch soon.

Going to phone Bariatric Co-Ordinator today...have waited 5 days for a call back, appreciate that he is very busy but, can't wait any longer, so will see if I can get in touch today.

Am adament now that the band is not the best tool for me after weeks of research and reading peoples stories. Ho hum....the saga continues !!

Sorry to hear you didn't get a call, chasing it up sounds like a good idea.

It seems like there are lots of teams and departments involved in these things and decisions are not always quickly or easily reached.

I don't imagine Mr Botha is full time at the hospital, he has a private practice in Harley St. Whenever I've seen him at the hospital he seems rushed off his feet! The different clinics etc must mean its rare to get the right people in the same place. Hopefully you will get the answer you need today.
I've got to chase up the dietician about a letter to my GP - fingers crossed we are both successful!

You know what your eating habits are hun, if u feel ur not suited to a band dont let them hookwink u into having the band just for them to say if it dont work out we will do a reversal a year down the line, Not everyone gets the funding for a reversal anyway. Stick to your guns and if they keep pushing for the band even though you have voiced your concerns then I would consider having my op elsewhere if I was you, Dont settle for something you do not want and is not right for you - I was offered a bypass ( I am a bander) and I was 17st 2lbs and I chose the band ( based on my eating habits). x Wishing you all the best Julie xx

Wooo-hooooo !
I spoke to the Bariatric co-ordinator today and it seems I have been approved the Gastric Sleeve Op I asked for....so am happy that I phoned the secretary and, true to her word, she informed Mr.Bothas' team.
I was also told that I stand a chance of having my Op in the next few weeks as I have agreed to take any dates for an Operation ''off site''...which means I could have my Op in Harley Street or The Princess Grace Hospital.

I wont hold my breath on any of the info yet as its been 18 months of things not turning out as discussed but, am cautiously optimistic !!

Excellent news Jax -- another potential Sleevie 2B !!!!

Delicious-Jax said:
Yes, a Sleevie soon, it seems. Oooooooh getting nervous now !!

Exciting!!!! :D

Delicious-Jax said:
Will be a Sleevie on Saturday....how mad is that !!!!

Woohoo!!! Good look!

Back