• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

And so it begins! Diary of a skinny girl?!

Oh Lola I'd been finding it really hard before this fill too....it will work - don't worry! Your band isn't even working yet so you're doing well. I have FINALLY got some restriction. Hooray! Had a couple of 'stuck' episodes (chips (I know!), a bagel and some carrot) so am learning to be careful....but its generally pretty great (touch wood)....just feel less interested in food generally. Haven't really noticed feeling satisfied on smaller portions I just feel less hungry so being on a diet isn't such hard work. Hooray! Stick at it...you'll get there xx

Aw that's good to hear. I'd been good all week. Salad every day. Didn't give in to the lush deserts at the hotel. Got weighed at work before we opened and it said I'd put five pound on while being here. I could have kicked them scales right out the shop! Ha ha. I'll get there though. I know I will x

Haven't been on here for AGES. Things are good! Struggled before the last fill....was hungry and could eat anything. However, am now at 7.2 ml and am feeling much better and more positive....can't really eat some things (bread, sushi....I vomited sushi outside m and s!! I wanted to DIE!) But in general am feeling much better and can eat most things if I eat slowly and chew properly. Now at 13 stone 5....3lbs off BMI 25! Am only 12lbs away from original goal which I have decided to revise (I must be insane!) to 161lbs.....or 11.5 stone....26 lbs to go. I was this weight when I was younger andvfrlt amazing. have also been thinking about how I can pay for a breast lift as my 38g boobs are starting to look a bit sorry for themselves! so all in all things are good! been going to the gym, using my fitness pal religiously....and buying clothes I can't afford!

WELL DONE!!! Well chuffed for you! I love to weigh 12 stone. That would be a huge acheivement for me. You are doing amazing x

you are too! it has been a real slog at times and only just have restriction.....especially struggling with alcohol as it's a tempting 'treat' instead of food...has loads of calories AND can easily lead to binging while a bit drunk or hungover. trying to limit to once per week or every other week....calories really add up though!

Well done Mason, you are doing so great! My vice has always and always ll be chocolate...:'( on the other hand since having a band I cannot drink alcohol! Well I can obviously but I then get a horrible night sleep. Not like a hangover but more like if I have a small glass of wine for example once I go to sleep I will them wake up with my heart racing, like I was on redbull all night! Really strange

I have just come across your thread, really loved reading it found it soooooo helpful.
You are doing amazing I hope I acheive as much as you xx

I also have a 10 ml band and I'm sure I have no restriction but not pushed it yet although I do feel like picking a lot but my will power is holding up for now... I have 5.2 in my band and im going for a second fill on 21 nov and join the gym on the 6 th so hope this helps.

I look forward to your next posts xxx

GOAL WEIGHT AS OF TODAY!! Hooray! Actually 2lbs under goal. Lost 55lbs overall...gone from 16'4 to 12'5, BMI 32 to 23...all in just over 10 months. Revising goal to 11'7 and have an appointment for a breast lift consultation at the end of this month. Here I am in my first ever pair of shorts!! It hasnt all been plain sailing but id do it again in a heartbeat. I will write a longer post re advice in next couple of days but today just had to share the news. If I can do it you can too!! And to paraphrase Loreal....we're all bloody worth it!

ForumRunner_20130425_171503.jpg

:winner:

Congratulations

Wow you really do look great :) Well done :)

Have just read the whole thread. I am having a band with Mr Hewin on 17th May. It has been great to hear from someone who has had the same surgeon. I was really worried about the scars as one person posted on here with metal staple and huge incisions, I was getting worried. But good to see what the man actually does. You have done amazingly well. I keep showing my husband people's photos and he is so desperate for me to be a success (for my own good). I am so worried I won't do so well. But you are an inspiration.

Have just read the whole thread. I am having a band with Mr Hewin on 17th May. It has been great to hear from someone who has had the same surgeon. I was really worried about the scars as one person posted on here with metal staple and huge incisions, I was getting worried. But good to see what the man actually does. You have done amazingly well. I keep showing my husband people's photos and he is so desperate for me to be a success (for my own good). I am so worried I won't do so well. But you are an inspiration.

I'm going to write a proper long post tomorrow with things I've learnt but for now, def don't be worried about the scars. Mine are tiny and could easily be explained away if anyone noticed. Here's a fuzzy and non glamorous photo!! Honestly they're tiny

ForumRunner_20130425_225716.jpg

ForumRunner_20130425_225732.jpg

Awwwww mason well done!!!! You've done amazing. I'm now 5 pound less than my starting weight :-(((((( to be fair I am seven months pregnant nearly though so ill have to start again in July!! I never did take to the band as I didn't get to restriction by nov when I had it deflated due to being pregnant! Hoping I do as well as you this time round!! You've done so so well! I've not kept up with any of the posts so it was lovely to see this today x

Many many congratulations!! Xx

Sorry this is a bit late! But I said I'd write some more about stuff I've learnt. This is how it's been for me and everyone is different. It's also worth saying I only had a BMI of 32 to start with and I know most people have more to lose.

1. It definitely helped that I've thought a lot about my weight/overeating (been to overeaters anonymous in the past and have some of their books, read fat is a feminist issue, Paul mckenna etc). Also started therapy just after being banded. Everyone says 'the band is only a tool'. That's totally true! So have as many other tools as possible....for me confronting the 'head' stuff has been incredibly important and I would recommend starting therapy/OA if at all possible (I found a low cost place which I go to).

2. Exercise! Do the thing you hate least! For me that's been swimming. I joined a lovely, expensive gym v near my house and go swimming 3-5 times per week. I don't push myself at all and it's really not even about the weight loss, more a way if doing something lovely for myself that doesn't involve food! Yes, nice gyms are expensive but think about all the money youre going to save on food!!

3. Use my fitness pal....even on bad days. I actually plan my meals in the morning and put them in.

4. Know yourself and your danger areas and make a plan that suits you. For me supermarket shopping is pretty dangerous so I do almost all my shopping online where I make much healthier choices. To begin with I also knew that I was terrible about portion sizes so bought ready meals and small portions (small tins etc) wherever possible. Yes they're more expensive and possibly not as healthy as freshly cooked food, but to begin with I needed this level of control and it took a lot of the stress away.

5.You'll be miserable if you fight the band...many times (often while hungover!) I've tried to eat too much/the wrong thing and ended up being sick. Often I've attempted to continue even after being sick (shameful and gross) and ended up being sick loads more and making my band so tight I couldn't tolerate solid food for days. Also....if you're going to try something that you know might be tricky to get down, do it at home/near a loo! I've been sick on pavement outside m and s, on a train platform, in a bin and In a gazillion public loos. Now I am generally much more careful!! It takes a long time to really get your head around the fact you can't eat bread/big portions/rice after years of eating too much of everything!! And if you are sick/pb stick to soft food/liquid for the rest of the day....things get worse if you keep trying to eat solid stuff.

6. Be really proud of yourself...whatever anyone says it's YOU that lost the weight by eating less and making better choices. The band just supported you. This means you are super amazing brilliant brave and that you definitely deserve that new Mac foundation and pair of shorts!!

That's it for now....sure I'll think of more. Xx

Also 17th May is my birthday which has to be a good sign! Mr Hewin is great...my incisions were tiny and touch wood all has been fine so far. All will be fantastic!

Thanks Mason

I think can do this....... I hope!,

I live near Chippenham, so not far from Bristol. Could I maybe keep in touch and you could be my 'sponsor'?

I have 5 stone to loose, BMI of 42, arthritis and fibromyalgia so exercise is almost impossible. I am hoping that as the weight comes off I may be able to move more. I started hydrotherapy last week so there is hope.

Thanks for the advice. Well done again.

Yep! I'll help if I can. You can definitely do it. Despite some struggles t's so much easier than any diet I've been on before...you will do amazingly!

Back