• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Answers to my questions....???

xxsarahxx

Hi Guys, I've got lots of questions going though my mind and i've got to start asking for the answers before my head explodes.

here i go.............

Q) I've heard that the first 6 months is when you lose most of your weight...is this true?? and how much have you all lost in your 6 months post op??

I've heard the first months are the 'honeymoon period'... I've lost 2 stones post op.. in 5 weeks... slowing down now, but I'm delighted.

Love and hugs xxx

Im 5 months now and since my pre-op diet Ive lost 6 stone 6lbs....to say Im chuffed is an understatement :D XX

I'm 8 months out and around 5 stones down...I'm happy :) x

Im 5 months now and since my pre-op diet Ive lost 6 stone 6lbs....to say Im chuffed is an understatement :D XX
Thats fantastic !! is it starting to slow down yet ??

I'm 8 months out and around 5 stones down...I'm happy :) x
As i've said before to you julie, that's brilliant and you are looking great. Trev must think he has a new woman on his arm lol x

It's not his arm he's worried about Sarah :) x

good question sarah... ill be following with interest x

A lot of people lose most and fastest during the first six months. My team told me this is the honeymoon period and I should 'make the most of it'. Longer term bypassers have told me that it can become a little more difficult after that. You've lost a good chunk of the excess weight and your body has probably gotten used to a reduced calorie intake. You re able to eat a bigger variety of things and may need to exercise restraint a little more.
These are generalisations and you can see here on the forum that everyone's experience is different.
I try not to compare my own journey to others in terms of x pounds lost in x timeframe.
I'm nearly 3 months out and nearly 4.5 stone down (stats not updated).

It's true that we will all vary and we have to work with what we have, that's a tremendous loss Blue Eyes and hope you are feeling much better for it... I'm thinking this bypass is the best thing I could have done for myself...

Love and hugs Angel xxx

It definitely gets me all excited for the future hearing about your fab losses x

Sarah, you will learn a great deal from being on here and there are some wonderful post wls peeps who give endless support, consistent encouragement and have a great attitude for keeping us going... keep going love... when the ball starts rolling time seems to go... like this year, into the third month already... times really flying on... love and hugs xxx

Thats great zns x

Very well done Zoe and you inspire so many of us... love and hugs precious xxx

Thats fantastic !! is it starting to slow down yet ??

Its really hard to say at the moment, its slowed down since early post op but I seem to loose hardly anything then about 5lbs. This week Ive only lost a pound but next week I might loose 5! Im still happy with the way its going though :D XX

I think it's time for another Question..........

Q) Do you have to do the low fat pre op diet when you are diabetic, is the milk diet off limits?? what does the low fat diet consist of ??

Many thanks x

Sarah I was put on the low fat diet and weaned down on my insulin before going into hospital, then they took over with a sliding scale insulin and glucose via a drip in hospital. I've had no diabetic meds post op... so far... xxx

Back