• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone going to Dolan park?

kandeechops

Hello to you all..............

I'm due to go to Dolan park on Mon 10th is there anyone else going would be nice to have someone to chat to! I'm on a roller coaster of emotions,butterflys in my tummy, tears in my eyes, really worried yet so happy to be having the band and looking forward to losing weight. Did you all feel like this before surgery or am i just being daft?:( :cry::sigh: :eek: ;):D:)

Sue x

Bless you!!
Where is Dolan Park?

Sue you are not alone in feeling different emotions, you're certainly not silly :)
I think everyone goes through them.
Im on the excited one atm, though I will be on the scared to death one in over a weeks time lol

Good luck and fingers crossed you meet someone there, or theres someone on here lurking in the shadows thats also going !

Good luck to you Sue, I found Dolan Park really good. I had Dr. Sigurdson and he was fab. I liked the automatic beds too. Kept me entertained for ages - which is a good thing as they only have 5 channels of TV and it was a sunday morning so had to watch Countryfile. I went to sleep in the end and had to be woken up by the nurse to go down to theatre. The nurses were really kind and caring. Private medicine rocks. (Apart from having to pay for it).
The very best of luck to you. Are you having Bypass or Band? x

Hello to you all..............

I'm due to go to Dolan park on Mon 10th is there anyone else going would be nice to have someone to chat to! I'm on a roller coaster of emotions,butterflys in my tummy, tears in my eyes, really worried yet so happy to be having the band and looking forward to losing weight. Did you all feel like this before surgery or am i just being daft?:( :cry::sigh: :eek: ;):D:)

Sue x

Hi Sue, I had my surgery at Dolan Park almost 6 weeks ago, my favourite nurse was Betty O'Neill she was just fab.

I wasn't nervous at all until the anesthetist came in that morning to ask me some questions.......then I panicked and it hit me what I was actually doing there :eek:

You'll be fine, make sure you take some magazines etc with you as there are only a couple of channels on the tv

Who is doing your surgery? I had Mr super, he was lovely and very calming!

Is someone coming to the hospital with you?

Last edited:
Oh thank you all so much for your kind words, I'm having a band fitted by Paul Super, I'm feeling a bit better at the moment and having more postive thoughts so lets hope they last til monday
;)...................!!

Hi Sue...you'll be fine, the nurses are all lovely and will make you feel at ease straight away :)

to be honest, there's something going on all the time...the nurses settle you in then they come and do their observations(BP weigh etc) the anaesthetist comes to see you, then the surgeon(I was with Mr Siggurdson)...you can have a shower before putting your gown on...in between you could read or take your MP3 and listen to some music (may help you relax a little) or just have a snooze on the bed as you probably won't have slept much the night before :rolleyes:

I went on my own (Hubby stayed at home with Son) and it was fine because after the op you don't really feel up to visitors anyway and I didn't get chance to meet with any of the other folks that were there the same day as it was busy leading up to my theatre slot.

try not to worry :hug99:

u will be ok hun, just make sure you get the after care u payed 4 xxx

Oh thank you, Only found this site last week and already feel part of it, you lot are so nice & so reasuring.
I'm going on my own which i don't mind as i deal with things better on my own if my hubby was with me i would be over emotional and a right drama queen....lol big thank you for you kind words don't now how i would of coped had i not found this site it's great!!!!!!

Back