• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone under Luton & Dunstable hopsital

You can ask for him, just be aware that his wait time might be longer.

I'm an L&D'er too, although I did go private at the L&D. My consultant was Mr Jain, I specifically chose him and he was absolutely amazing :)

Good luck on your journey hun xx

I'm an L&D'er too, although I did go private at the L&D. My consultant was Mr Jain, I specifically chose him and he was absolutely amazing :) Good luck on your journey hun xx

I wish I could afford private but hey I'm getting there bless the NHS I'm a very lucky girlie x

I need to decide the bypass or sleeve. I need to lose around 12st :-( and recommendations xx

Claudia, how long did you wait for appointment for the MDT after seeing the doctor at L&D?

I saw the doctor on the 20th November and I got my letter for my appointment around the 4th December and I've got my MDT appointment the 20th January xx how did your appointment go? Xx

Thankyou so not to long, yes it went really well :) said I was a perfect candidate and takes approx 4 months from then for surgery, he asked what surgery I was thinking of and I said bypass & he replied excellent choice, I like getting the appointments that day, I'm too impatient lol!
How are you doing? X

Have my MDT appointment at L and D tomorrow. Finished Tier 3 end of October, got my MDT appointment 5 weeks ago. Will let you know how it goes.

Thankyou so not to long, yes it went really well :) said I was a perfect candidate and takes approx 4 months from then for surgery, he asked what surgery I was thinking of and I said bypass & he replied excellent choice, I like getting the appointments that day, I'm too impatient lol! How are you doing? X

Really the same as I've been told lol. They do like recommending a bypass but I'm still in decided ?.

I wish we got our appointments the same day but the MDT appointment I guess they have to organise the dietian, physiatrist and nurses all on the same day.

Yeah I'm doing really well still feeling a little hesitant as I'm worrying about life after but I'm telling myself in my life I was allowed 10,000 treats but sadly I scoffed over that in 30 years so now my quota is done lol. That prob sounds really silly but I guess we have to tell ourselves whatever we can to provide outselves comfort x

So how are you feeling about the whole process and how things are going we should be having ours pretty close together x

Have my MDT appointment at L and D tomorrow. Finished Tier 3 end of October, got my MDT appointment 5 weeks ago. Will let you know how it goes.

Will you let us know how it goes? I'm really interested to see what happens. Good luck hopefully it's a leap forward to surgery xxx

I really want to know how long I have to wait, if it's a few months, we are hoping to spend a couple of months down in Portugal to get away from the cold weather a bit. Having said that if I can get the op sooner rather than later I will stay here as that is my priority.

I was told 4 months as well, that was 3 weeks ago, I phoned them re my tripple appointment and aparently the secretary that sorts them is on holiday for another week, so i hope to hear about it in a couple of weeks time.

I really want to know how long I have to wait, if it's a few months, we are hoping to spend a couple of months down in Portugal to get away from the cold weather a bit. Having said that if I can get the op sooner rather than later I will stay here as that is my priority.

I'm sure it won't be much longer than that I called them to ask a few questions and they were really helpful.

So after you MDT you start your fluid diet for a 2 weeks estimated may vary then in that mean time you get your anesatist and surgeon appointment. Once you see your surgeon they can book you in there for your pre op and surgery. So id say within the next month you will know hopefully xx

I was told 4 months as well, that was 3 weeks ago, I phoned them re my tripple appointment and aparently the secretary that sorts them is on holiday for another week, so i hope to hear about it in a couple of weeks time.

Xbander you must of literally got your appointment a few days after mine as I got my letter for MDT (triple appointment) on 3rd Dec 14. Xx

Well had my appointments today, not what I expected, it was with Louise the nurse where she took bloods etc and sent me off for ECG and Echo something or other, only had the ECG as they couldn't the other today. That was this morning and then this afternoon saw the Consultant Physician who went over my history and my journey so far. Very happy with my progress. Now waiting for a triple appointment where I see the dietician, psychologist and surgeon. So it looks as though we won't be getting abroad this winter, heyho!

Oh really very strange I saw the doctor last appointment and the dietician, now my next appointment Iam seeing the psychologist, dietian and nurse? Is that what your letter said? I'm confused now :-s xxx

Back