• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Been a little embarrassed . . .

Kath in Buxton

:eek:

I haven't posted as much over the last week because even though I'm a very recent post-opper, I had actually gained a little weight :(
However now I seem to be back on track. This morning my weight is back to my lowest point since the op, and hopefully I should lose regularly again now. But for a while I was scared to post apart from in the word association games, or play on the arcade, because I was feeling like a fraud.

Weight gain after post op is normal in the early stages, dont be afraid to post on here, we are all here to support you when you need it.

I myself have gained this week, and I posted to get some support and guidance not forgetting reassurance.

Anyway I am so glad you are back to losing, and even more so, so glad to see you back posting :)

Aw Kath sweetheart ... everyone is different & I had to speak to my bariatric team on Thurs cos I felt sooo sick & even though not eating much at all, not losing either. They told me it was due to the Metformin I was taking so stopped that & now feel great. Don't know about weight though as I am not on speaking terms with my scales. I am waiting until I go back to the hospital on 16/11 for hopefully good news. Are you drinking enough ... I still struggle to get everything in even though not feeling sick anymore. :sigh: This is the one downside to reading a forum as avidly as we do .. if you see so many doing well you think it should be like that for you & the truth is, it just isn't the same for everyone. You will be fine ... give yourself a break & it will fall into place soon, mwah mwah xxx :):):)

Thanks Denise, and so sorry that you've not been feeling right :(
The thing is, I'm not really feeling sick, or hardly at all. But I know I'm struggling to get enough water in. So maybe that's part of the problem, that and everything still trying to settle down inside.
Thanks again xxxxx

My biggest struggle is fluids too. Never been a thirsty person, so easily forget until I eat, get a thirst and cannot drink for 30 mins, by which time I forget again!! A little gain is nothing to be ashamed of hun. Just counts toward a greater loss next week xx

Thanks Denise, and so sorry that you've not been feeling right :(
The thing is, I'm not really feeling sick, or hardly at all. But I know I'm struggling to get enough water in. So maybe that's part of the problem, that and everything still trying to settle down inside.
Thanks again xxxxx

Yep, still very early for us both ... heal first then reassess if necessary xxx :)

This forum is for all, it helps other people to hear things like this as it lets us know what can happen and how to deal with it. So welcome back and thanks for sharing. I for now look forward to hearing the pitfalls and how to deal with them xx

:eek:

I haven't posted as much over the last week because even though I'm a very recent post-opper, I had actually gained a little weight :(
However now I seem to be back on track. This morning my weight is back to my lowest point since the op, and hopefully I should lose regularly again now. But for a while I was scared to post apart from in the word association games, or play on the arcade, because I was feeling like a fraud.

These are exactly the times when you MUST post....none of us are here to judge and we can only offer support and reassurance if we know you're struggling:)

Post op gain is common and you are probably not doing anything wrong at all. Remember we're all in it for the long haul and as long as you keep posting it will all fall into place.:)

Take care and be kind to yourself :):):)

Dont be daft we are all up and down like a yoyo,till it all settles!Best of luck for the rest of your journey.Ive just been for a good walk across fields with my son and the dogs that I could never of done when I was carrying the extra weight.Maz x

Aw kath, I only lost 0.5lb this week which in my book equates to staying the same and I too was dismayed, but then I measured me and more cm were gone! I know it's different for banders and I'm chomping at the bit for my fill next month as can eat anything right now and hardly feel like I've had an op..which isn't good but I'm sticking with it. There's only healthy stuff in the house so even if I get the urge then I can only eat healthier bits n bobs. think long term bigger picture...we will shine xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Oh heck look at all the people you have upset by NOT posting - said with a wry smile!
Yes they are all here for you and your journey will have its ups and downs These good people myself included need to be well and truly used!!

Keep a hold we are all rooting for you

Hi Kath, I very much felt the same. Im new to this game as well and for the past 2 weeks have stayed the same. But Ive decided to only weigh myself once a week. As others have said we are all very different. I read posts where some are losing 4 -5 lb or more a week. But to be honest Im going to be happy with just 1 - 2 lbs perweek. Any loss is a plus. So chin up and make sure you dont hide away again. xxxx

Nothing I can say on top of what everyone else has said. I felt the same while I have been fighting the hospital - feeling like I have no right to be on the forum while I dodnt even know if I will get my op. Then I came back and now am on it everyday, because it is a wonderful place :)

And now I feel guilty for not posting!! Can't win can I, lol??
Thanks everyone, feel much better now. I know that we're here to help each other through the bad times as well as to celebrate with people who are doing well! I also understand that a slow loss is in some ways preferable especially when it comes to having our skin shrink back to it's rightful place.
And as for getting in enough exercise, well, a I'm moving house, I'm on the go alot!! So, yeah, I should see a change soon :) xxxxx

Back