• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Being sick with a band.

fatbutnot4eva

Loves her gorgeous family
My band is 2 weeks old ans last night I thought I woudl make a milky hot chocolate (I have never had hot chocolate before EVER) I usually make it for the kids at bedtime and thought it smelt nice so have a mug, well i drank it and 2 minutes later my mouth filled with saliva and i ran to the bathroom, i knew i was going to be sick and i started sweating, but no sick would come up (sorry tmi -) through years of dieting i decided to make myself sick and tried and tried but nothing, is it that it had gone through the band and it was too late to come up ???
Also I felt dreadul sweating and generally poorly for 20 mins how come ? I have a band so it cant be dumping can it ?
Thanks
x

if you felt like you were going to be sick there may of been food in the pouch and the liquids has backed up in the pouch on top of the remaining food the liquids may of then pushed the food through allowing it to follow there for no vomiting occurs, this is the only explanation i can think of for this happening. Banders do not dump, so i cant explain the sweats ect.

Cant help you on this one - haven't been sick since I had my band. What you experienced could be a reaction to the sugar in the hot chocolate ? Did you drink it to quickly?

Sorry not much help x

Sometimes, when I have an empty pouch and I drink something milky it kinda sits on top of the band and makes me feel really sick and I get loads of saliva in my throat/mouth. Even water sometimes does it.
My dietitian said that sometimes this can happen because the throat cant 'grip' the liquid and send it on its way down through the band into the main stomach.
I dont know about the sweating, but that could be you retching to make yourself be sick?

Thanks wont be doing it again x

Another lesson to be learned hey?? You will experience all kinds of wierd things along the journey Helen but please don't be put off. Try it again later on and you may have a totally different reaction to it. Good luck sweetheartxxx

Back