• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bloated and swollen???

agill74

Hi everyone still very new to this but I'm now 1 week post op bypass and today I'm feeling a little swollen around my stomach luks like I've piled the weight on never mind off with only eating small amounts ov purée, is this normal? Does this sound right from other bypassers, I know it's very early days after surgery but thought it would be going down not up or out should I say!!!x

It will hopefully go down as you become more mobile, keep walking a bit further everyday. THe pain lessens each day til you realise you've had none/discomfort, just happens like that. Just eat what you are supposed to and keep sipping your water and all will be well any concerns ring the hospital for advice. xx

I feel for you! I'm a ballooner so don't know the specifics of the bypass but I've been so swollen in my tummy. Lots of gas and swelling. My belly is 3x's bigger now! I'm sure yours will get better with some time. It's a huge adjustment to your body. Take it easy :)

Thanks, how long u now post op? I'm loving reading all the success stories on here gives me alot hope for my future!x

I am 2 years post op 2 years were up on August 20th. Bypass in 2011. I am doing fine, have very few problems. I can eat most things, still crave sweet thing sbut I have to deal with that I stayed away from anything like that till bout 6 months post then had the odd bit but now I enjoy a chocolate fix every day. No where near in the proportion I would have had though, I still have all my meals on a tea plate. I try and eta protein first then veg and then if theres room carbs. Check out the bypass daily menu sight trawl back through, people of all stages put there menus on there just gives you ideas. When we newly bypassed we look at our hospital sheets and think what have I done what can I eat there are load of things really check that site out. I started this journey at 24st 11 I am now just under 15 stone. I was 14st 5 just after Christmas but the other bit has crept on as my body has plateaud out. The hospital have discharged me and are happy with my loss. They say that I oculdnt really expect to lose more than I have I am now happy and healthier than I was so that's that just the long continuation of living life to the full but sensibly with the odd glitch, gotta to keep it real. xx Good luck with your journey xx just ask if you have any questions xxx

Thanks yeah il check out that website for ideas and yeah I have looking through my sheet over and over again as if sumit different will appear thanks again xx

Hi, I'm 3 weeks post op (bypass) I'm still a little swollen especially around one wound. My surgeon explained that this would be the case as he was right handed and this wound would be the one he used the most. Hope you're feeling better soon. X

Back