• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Camping...7 Weeks Post Op

Katastrophe

Love My Bypass !
I'm due to go camping 7 weeks post op.

Just wondering if any post oppers thought they would have been able to cope with this kind of holiday this soon?

I could probably get away with lifting heavier stuff and doing anything strenuous as there are 3 other adults but i will be driving for around 4.5 hours.

Also i guess i would be at the "mushy" stage so the traditional bbq and vodka will be out of the question - should i just take a blender and make smoothies and live off soup for the week?

Thanks for any advice :)

I was comfy at that stage, but only just. I was just back to work at 7 weeks.

You should be OK, as you said, no heavy lifting and definitely leave the BBQ and voddy alone!

If I was being totally honest from what I know of others experience, and the fact that each persons recovery can vary so much, this might not be the best time to go camping.

I had the band but I can safely say that it took me 5-6 weeks to be only just comfy in my own bed.

But you might be lucky...

You will have to stay well clear of the BBQ food though and the alchol at that stage.

The most important part to consider is your sleeping arrangements is it an air bed, how far off the floor is the matress, will you be able to get on and off it without pulling etc. If you are having it done via keyhole then it may be ok but if you are having an open procedure then I would say probably not.

I'm having it done keyhole and usually use an airbed - i might see about getting a more puffed up one though lol

Hi i went camping after 8 wks and i was absolutley fine xxx

I'm going to a festival about 12 weeks after my op hehe....think i may invest in a better airbed myself :D

luckily i have been able to get Disabled access this year due to the surgery so i wil have quick access to better facilities than you get in the main sites, in case i need them :)

This is the 7th year i havebeen to Download Festival...didn't want to miss it lol

I went camping soon post op. I found it hard keeping up with hubby and son even though they slowed down for me! Food wise, weetabix/scrambled egg for brekkie, soup for lunch, cottage cheese, potted beef and dutch crispbakes for tea. For food on the go try a well chewed banana.
HTH

Nightwitch - you lucky thing ! I'm thinking of going to Reading but need to see the line up first :D

Samsmum - thanks, i was wondering what i was going to eat - some great ideas there

Nightwitch - you lucky thing ! I'm thinking of going to Reading but need to see the line up first :D

Download FTW...only had a handful of bands announced so far but line up is looking AWESOME!!
AC/DC....Aerosmith....Motorhead.... Megadeth...StoneSour....:bliss:

Plus I am hoping to be ok to go to London the week before for the Free Rage Against The Machine gig at Finsbury Park....I was lucky enough to get a ticket hehe :party0049:

I bet you'll have a great time Nightwitch!

I've been wary about booking anything but now i have my surgery date there's no holding me back lol :p

Thanks Sarah - You're doing brilliantly by the way :D

Back