• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can't be sick

daisy2002

I'm wondering if anyone has this problem.
I can not be sick, its weird & i don't like it.
Im 8 months post op & haven't been able to be sick.... i've felt sick but nothing actually comes back up.
A couple of times i've eaten a bit too much & felt sick & uncomfortable so have tried to make myself sick as thats always helped before but nothing will come up.
Even with a stomach bug i will heave & have nausea but again nothing comes up.

I've googled & i've seen that some people have the same problem but ive never noticed anyone on this forum mention it.
Am i just weird? :confused:
Food generally goes down well so i can't understand why i can't be sick.

Anyone have any ideas why?

I have the same "problem" too and asked about it a little while ago. Someone explained it that it might be harder to physically be sick as we now have reduced stomach muscle. Although I don't envy people that are sick a lot sometimes I wish that I could just bring it up so I can stop feeling sick. Luckily it's rare that I feel sick although but I totally know where you are coming from

Thank you for replying.
So glad its not just me then, thought i was odd.
I don't envy people who are sick a lot either but its just weird not being able to be sick.
Sometimes when you're feeling sick it helps to bring something up.... but i get nothing, not even a tiny bit.

I am the same, at 9 months out... I always have been. Like you, if I am uncomfortable and try to make myself sick, it doesn't happen!!!
The worst has to be when your hungover!!!!! (sorry to all those who don't think you should drink, but I hardly ever do and everyone is human!!) Its terrible!!

The one thing I am scared of is being sick...got a phobia

Fingers crossed I am like you and cant be sick. Seeing your posts has made me feel a lot better. Thank you!

Im ill at the min and on tramadol and antibiotics...I've been "sick" in the last few days n can't eat anything....my sick is like watery froth and a struggle to get it out but the small trickle that i do get up leaves the feeling of a bucket full of pre op sick lol...its not something i knew about until recently but it is obvs op related if we all struggle x

Back