• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can't eat and getting worried

sylvercraft

Hi everyone
Just been reading Debbieb's thread ("Depressed") and all the helpful replies. I have a slightly similar problem with eating but I'm finding that I can't eat as the very thought of eating (and sometimes drinking) makes me feel sick.

My bypass was on 28 November with second op the week after to do a repair. Earlier in November they found that I had endometrial cancer and had to have the bypass to lose weight so that they would do a hysterectomy! (Done 4 weeks ago) Since the hyst'tomy I have not wanted food - it's feels like force-feeding myself I feel so sick. I was great before and in a good eating routine but now I'm worried that I'm not getting enough protein etc. as I'm just picking at tiny bits then have to give up.:sigh:

I'm beginning to feel it's in my head - has anyone else had this kind of setback? I'm waiting for appt with dietician and I'm trying different meds - I suspect Forceval could be one problem so have an alternative now!

Would be grateful for any ideas. This forum is a great support.

Thanks very much, Syl xx

:)HI Syl(&Eric!),
Not going to comment too much tonight-had a couple of scoops of wine lol !!!
BUT i have been meaning to email you for ages to see how things are going????
There is a Saterday meet at the Lowry on 26 may-can you come???
Always in my thoughts,Juliexxx

Im having the same prob im 14 weeks post opp been doing great and lost 6 and half stone but 2 weeks ago i stopped eatting thinking of food or the smell of food makes me feel so sick im living on milk and maybe 2 spoonfulls of weetabix a day i feel like im dying just wanna sleep got pains all over my body and cant take my meds im seeing my team weds but just done know what to do!!!

Sorry you feel the same Sammy - it's horrible isn't it. All I can face is ginger biscuit and ice cream!! Not very nutritional is it? Has your taste changed - everything tastes really strong to me at the moment, even water tastes of chemicals and I can't stand strong smells.
I hope you soon feeling better - we're both waiting to see our teams so probably doing the right thing there.
Take care and chin up.
Syl xx

As the Grehlin has been reduced your hunger will of too but it does come back!I suspect your head is fighting your stomach at the moment,try to relax around food and eat little and often.A Babybel is enough for a 'meal',a few almonds,a milky coffee with added Marvel,a cracker with peanut butter.Do these 6/7 times a day and build up to mini meals.Also Forceval is the best complete source of vits and minerals make sure you have adequate replacement its so easy to lose out on these.

Yes thanks for that B & B. I think I'll go back to square 1 and start on very little and often. Just feel like I'm going backwards. Thanks for the tips.
Take care. Syl xxx

Back