• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Worried....

ditzeeblonde

Ok I'm now really worried about how much I can eat...

I've had chicken vegetables & rice (a sainsburys bgty meal 400g) and eaten the lot with absolutely no feeling of restriction, that was 2 hours ago & I have no ill affects whatsoever!

I haven't eaten much at all today as I've been out & about all day but surely I should feel restriction from that size meal at 5 weeks out??

I ate slowly, chewed really well & was waiting for that sign to stop & nothing!!!

Has anyone else had this? Is this normal that once in a while you can eat like this??

I'm worried about stretching my pouch but unless I feel restriction what can I do??

Sorry but I really need some advice on this please. xx

It is really weird some days you can eat loads and others you are stuff.

Perhaps you had a good food day, by you were eating healthy.:)

I'm the same :confused: i've got a check up 1st Dec and i'm going to make a point of asking what size my pouch is i reckon its about 5ft ha ha i'm laughing but its a nervous laugh cos i don't understand :rolleyes:

Im still not finding any feeling of restriction either and now am craving more than the size of portions I am having. Im worried too although am hoping going to the next stage will see some changes to this.

I thought it might when I hit the real food stage but not tonight Josephine! :confused:

It is really weird some days you can eat loads and others you are stuff.

Perhaps you had a good food day, by you were eating healthy.:)

I had a protein shake for brekkie, about 110g prawns for lunch then this rice, vegetables & chicken meal for dinner... I've just put it into my fitness pal & the whole days total is only 693 cals & 77g protein (guess it just feels like a huge amount!)

Thank you. xx

Was there a sauce with the ready meal?

Maybe if there was a sauce it was more of a slider food meaning you could eat more.

I'm still struggling on half a weetabix and have can manage 4 fork fulls of cottage pie etc.

I think my surgeon forgot to leave me a pouch and just bypassed the whole lot! :(

Thats it Lucy... there's loads of people like you who were bypassed at a similar time who are eating tiny amounts & compared to that I feel like I'm eating huge amounts! I just know I have one shot at this & don't want to screw it up!!

I'm the same :confused: i've got a check up 1st Dec and i'm going to make a point of asking what size my pouch is i reckon its about 5ft ha ha i'm laughing but its a nervous laugh cos i don't understand :rolleyes:

Its wierd isn't it? I expected to really struggle still at this stage not to be able to eat a whole meal! Admittedly its much smaller than it would have been pre-op but I'm worried I'm screwing it up! :eek:

What are we all like eh!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

I'm not really panicking just wanting advice so that I make the most of this fantastic opportunity! :D

Its not the calorie intake that I'm worried about tho its the volume of food I just ate at 5 weeks out... I guess our pouches can move on quickly?? x

It does seem a lot Linzi but without knowing the consistency of it it's hard to say.

I had about 170-200g of the pasta bake thing tonight and I KNEW I was full. But then pasta is more stodgy isn't it?

Sorry, I'm not much use am I?

I seem to be able to eat a lot as well, i'm gonna talk to the team next month when I've got an appointment for blood tests etc.
Today I've had
milky coffee
shake with 5 almonds, banana, spoonful of yogurt and milk
milky coffee
2 brussels, 2 florets of cauli and broci, 1 bit of pot and slice of pork.
Having a fluid day today to try and cut back on my eating

I know I'm a few weeks behind you but I think you essentially just ate a slider food for tea, so stop panicking. The surgeon told me (at least where I was done) they do a standard size pouch of 30 mls & they use a bogie (a type of blow-up balloon) to measure the capacity so each pouch is about the same size. We still have the cardiac sphincter at the top of the stomach, but obviously 'coz they cut away the rest of the stomach, we don't have the pyloric sphincter, which would normally control how much & how quickly food empties into the small intestine. This would mean anything the could be classed as a slider food would empty probably slightly faster into the small intestine, which is probably why you aren't feeling a great deal of restriction yet. Once you are onto 'dryer' foods, I am sure you will feel better restriction xxx

I seem to be able to eat a lot as well, i'm gonna talk to the team next month when I've got an appointment for blood tests etc.
Today I've had
milky coffee
shake with 5 almonds, banana, spoonful of yogurt and milk
milky coffee
2 brussels, 2 florets of cauli and broci, 1 bit of pot and slice of pork.
Having a fluid day today to try and cut back on my eating

I guess we are all different, we all put weight on by different means & I guess our bodies all work in different ways after our ops too....

It does seem to be 2 extremes tho, those of us that can eat well & those that really struggle... not much of a middle ground!

It does seem a lot Linzi but without knowing the consistency of it it's hard to say.

I had about 170-200g of the pasta bake thing tonight and I KNEW I was full. But then pasta is more stodgy isn't it?

Sorry, I'm not much use am I?

Yes your always really helpful Karen!! I guess its just trial & error & maybe if I try & eat the same another day I wouldn't be able to manage half of it!

Its difficult not to worry about damaging yr pouch in these early days isn't it?? I was in hosp with a girl who was in for a revision b'coz she'd stretched her pouch, maybe thats whats made me more paranoid about it. xx

I know I'm a few weeks behind you but I think you essentially just ate a slider food for tea, so stop panicking. The surgeon told me (at least where I was done) they do a standard size pouch of 30 mls & they use a bogie (a type of blow-up balloon) to measure the capacity so each pouch is about the same size. We still have the cardiac sphincter at the top of the stomach, but obviously 'coz they cut away the rest of the stomach, we don't have the pyloric sphincter, which would normally control how much & how quickly food empties into the small intestine. This would mean anything the could be classed as a slider food would empty probably slightly faster into the small intestine, which is probably why you aren't feeling a great deal of restriction yet. Once you are onto 'dryer' foods, I am sure you will feel better restriction xxx

Your so knowledgeable!! Are you a surgeon in disguise?? ;)

That makes sense thank you. x

Back