• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Count down begins...

wannabeyummi

Hi all
Started pre-op.diet today. Can't stand the shakes so I'm very hungry :( going to call dietician tomo and see what alternatives there are.
I wish I could hibernate for those Weeks! Meh! No such luck.
I'm starting to scare myself to, will I survive?.what if I Have complications, what if I fail?

Please ladies and gents help me remember why I'm doing this and give me some stories that inspire!

have you tried blending the shakes with ice? the colder they are the less you can taste....

and you are doing this to be person you want to be - you can and will do it and when you look back you will be happy that you stuck to your guns and did it!

That's a good idea! Can u freeze them do u think? Thank you everyday I look at my "slim list"
To remind me why I'm doing this x

It's not fun at all, but I'm sure nobody ever said it would be. And the first few weeks after the op aren't a bundle of laughs either.

That's the horrible, realistic bit out the way.

BUT now for the good, realistic bit.

From my own experience:
I reach 6 months out on 22 August. I am currently 2lb off 6 stone loss.
I was a size 26 pre-op and am now a size 20.
I walk everywhere and am saving a fortune on petrol.
I had a meal with family a couple of weeks back and my sister's partner didn't recognise me
My confidence has rocketed since the op - literally within days of it
I feel like part of society now, not somebody slinking round the outside.

Hang on in there, it is worth it xxx

It's not fun at all, but I'm sure nobody ever said it would be. And the first few weeks after the op aren't a bundle of laughs either.

That's the horrible, realistic bit out the way.

BUT now for the good, realistic bit.

From my own experience:
I reach 6 months out on 22 August. I am currently 2lb off 6 stone loss.
I was a size 26 pre-op and am now a size 20.
I walk everywhere and am saving a fortune on petrol.
I had a meal with family a couple of weeks back and my sister's partner didn't recognise me
My confidence has rocketed since the op - literally within days of it
I feel like part of society now, not somebody slinking round the outside.

Hang on in there, it is worth it xxx

Awwwww thank u, I know its guna be horrible I think that's why I'm so scared lol. I'm trying to remind myself it's not guna be that way forever and I will start to feel better, look better etc.
I took my b4 pics and any mind changing doubts disappeared because I really do need this x

Be strong. You are starting the painful process of saying goodbye forever to your best friend and worst enemy. It will be hard. My four weeks pre-op diet was four cans of Weight Watchers soup, four Muller Light yoghurts and 1pint of semi-skimmed only each day. You will be fine - when I felt wobbly I just reflected on how awful it would be to be opened-up instead of have keyhole if my Liver was too big. That got me back in the zone PDQ! X

You can do this wannabeyummi :) Right now it's rubbish for you BUT try to think about the long run and all the nice clothes you will be able to wear ;)

Wow it's getting close now hun ur at the last hurdle now I know pre op diets are bad but u CAN do it!
My inspirational thing for u :)

Attachments

• photo-5-1.jpg
    photo-5-1.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 99
  • ForumRunner_20130809_104715.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130809_104715.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 74
Wow it's getting close now hun ur at the last hurdle now I know pre op diets are bad but u CAN do it!
My inspirational thing for u :)

OMG - You look amazing hun :) x

I found the first three or four days on the pre-op diet the hardest. Afterwards it got easier. And as people said above, you can do this, just think of the end result... And remember the fear of not having it done because of your liver... That kept me on the straight and narrow throughout my four weeks pre-op. Good luck, keep us posted, hope all goes well. X

You can do it wannabeyummi, I'm just about to have my last glass of milk before my op tomorrow. It's been tough, after the first few days though you do kind of get into the swing of it. It's totally normal to have doubts, I'm still having them and it's the big day tomorrow. Keep focused on why you wanted to do this in the first place and looking at your 'thin list'. Good luck girl.

Yes Ines! Exactly ... The fear of that potential ghastly moment when the surgeon sees the Liver and cannot go ahead, and/or has to open up the chest and abdomen. Then waking-up to face his/her wrath and knowing recovery is going to be long and sore because of the almighty incision ... It freaked me out, and the fear was far greater than doing without all the comfort foods I'd become used to. And like you I just got my head down for four weeks - a nano-second on he clock face of life. We are on this journey because we want a better life and therefore have to accept that we have to change our ways ... It's pants, the pre-op especially as we CAN physically eat what we want, but post-op it simply isn't possible to do that anymore. Nobody should underestimate what we are all going through ... No one should feel alone. We are bloody amazing - as are the skills of our providers, and support nurses. With everything in place, our future is pretty rosy! x

You can do it wannabeyummi, I'm just about to have my last glass of milk before my op tomorrow. It's been tough, after the first few days though you do kind of get into the swing of it. It's totally normal to have doubts, I'm still having them and it's the big day tomorrow. Keep focused on why you wanted to do this in the first place and looking at your 'thin list'. Good luck girl.

Good luck tomorrow dizzarella. You'll be fine xx

Oh girls you are fantastic! It's my nieces birthday today and I'm surrounded by.food! Onion barjis curry lamb Biryani bbq.food! I'm dying here! I can't stomach more than one and half slim fast cos it makes me feel sick I'm supposed to be having 4 plus 2 litres fluid. I'm past hungry I'm staving and was weakening but seeing ur posts have helped me. I'll stay strong because I am. I need to remember that.
Hope you look fantastic x

Towards the end of my two weeks post-op simple fluids (150ml p/hr for 16 hrs a day) in 34degrees heat, I was so weak I felt I had to have protein so had 150ml of a Slimfast shake. I told my support nurse who went ballistic! I had done my four weeks pre-op on four WW soups and four Muller lights a day. I lost 11kg (25lbs) in that time. It was hard but the soups were better than I feared (esp Tuscan minestrone or Hearty Broth). I would therefore recommend soups and yogs as an alternative but your provider may disagree. Just sharing my experience x

Towards the end of my two weeks post-op simple fluids (150ml p/hr for 16 hrs a day) in 34degrees heat, I was so weak I felt I had to have protein so had 150ml of a Slimfast shake. I told my support nurse who went ballistic! x

how ballistic did she go? sometimes I think I am more scared of the professionals and letting them down and wasting their time and resources than I am about dying from my obesity! x

how ballistic did she go? sometimes I think I am more scared of the professionals and letting them down and wasting their time and resources than I am about dying from my obesity! x

Lol that's so true I called my dietician and she said if I can't drink 4 shakes a day then I can look for build up soup our any meal replacement soup that's 200 calories. No bbq chicken :'(
Xx

I'm sure between us we can come up with a BBQ chicken flavoured soup .... just maybe not for 200 kcals ... still, something to look forward to post op - maybe all pureed up (note to self ... not sure I am helping much!) xxx

I'm sure between us we can come up with a BBQ chicken flavoured soup .... just maybe not for 200 kcals ... still, something to look forward to post op - maybe all pureed up (note to self ... not sure I am helping much!) xxx

Thank you I keep forgetting I can eat again one day! X

Back