• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Count down begins...

Great stuff yummy. It's so much better when you get home isn't it but just remember to take things slow and easy. It's hard to believe I'm a week post op now and I'm still belching and ermmm the other way too :eek:. Moving around helps to shift it though. Xx

Welcome to the losers bench Wannabe. I'm six+ weeks post bypass and the wind (upwards and downwards) is very much still with me. And the gurgling when I eat or drink - which I'm pretty sure I'll have for the rest of my days. xx

Thanks lovelies...just been resting as well as mobilising.
Really struggling with the milk tho (bleugh) I just feel soooo full all the time and every sip I'm pushing it...
I've managed one Milky coffee...I'm going to attempt some slim fast.
Not much surface pain...I mainly get pain when I need to belch. I need to up my fluids but how do you do that when U feel full and sick? Any suggestions are welcome x

I'm Week 6 post bypass. i'd be inclined to keep fluids as simple as poss if you are having probs coping with all that milk - sounds vile. For first two weeks post op I was on 150ml per hour, for 16 hours a day of water, NAS squash, diluted fresh fruit juice, cream of tomato soup, Muller Lights with added milk to make a milkshake, coffee, tea, Options hot choc. It was fine - but pleased to move onto purees in Week 3. Good luck xx

Thanks lovelies...just been resting as well as mobilising.
Really struggling with the milk tho (bleugh) I just feel soooo full all the time and every sip I'm pushing it...
I've managed one Milky coffee...I'm going to attempt some slim fast.
Not much surface pain...I mainly get pain when I need to belch. I need to up my fluids but how do you do that when U feel full and sick? Any suggestions are welcome x

You are doing brill yummi :)
Im lucky that I love milk :).. The belching pain does ease over the next few days once the swelling inside lessens ;)
By day 4 I was able to knock back a far bit of fluid in a short of time but with still only using smallish sips :confused:. i can feel it rushing through my pouch ..I sound like a half blocked drain:eek:. Yesterday saw me re start my pre op/post op diet which includes either weetabix or porridge. Had my weetabix both yesterday and today and taking small spoonfuls waited for the fullness to kick in..but nothing!? Tomorrow I will try the porridge and see what happens there. However out for a latte today and half way through it I felt the fullness kick in about three quarters down. I can only think my weetabix, soup, yoghurt etc are just passing through while the latte froth further down in the cup was stiffer/stickier giving me the full feeling... I found it quite reassuring to be honest :) x

Milk is very filling and you can get more in quicker than say porridge. Porridge takes a long while, especially early days, so chances are you didn't get full because you were leaving time between each spoonfull etc. Don't panic :D

The full feeling with food on the more liquid foods doesn't really kick in to start with but the slow & steady route is a good disapline to learn. As you eat a little more you'll find it kicks in its just learning to listen to your body & the clues it gives you. 2yrs out I still don't get it right every time. My soft cue us hic-cups but sometimes after I've already decided I've had enough. All part of our learning curve.

Thanks Yve and penny that is reassuring...I know it sounds so silly but this morning I honestly questioned if I had in fact been bypassed!?.. The gurgle kind of gives it away though :giggle:

Thanks Yve and penny that is reassuring...I know it sounds so silly but this morning I honestly questioned if I had in fact been bypassed!?.. The gurgle kind of gives it away though :giggle:

Lol I know what u mean, I was expecting more pain...a weird feeling...but nothing the day of IP or day after. But now I feel it lol,x

I honestly did not feel restriction until 6 weeks out. And then boom - it was there and there was no messing with it. Trust me - it will work :) You ladies are as determined as I was - stick to the rules and the op takes care of the rest.

So pleased ur op went well and ur home :) take it easy rest rest and more rest!! My tummy tuck on Tuesday so I will be joining you in the resting soon lol xx

So pleased ur op went well and ur home :) take it easy rest rest and more rest!! My tummy tuck on Tuesday so I will be joining you in the resting soon lol xx

I'm trying babes but i'm soooo impatient. I feel fine :) tummy a lil sore but I feel good. Going to puck up my lil one from my aunt in south London...don't worry my cousins driving lol. Xxx

Hi guys... So i'm 7 days post op and I feel fine :)
It worries me a bit only because I've read that quite a few others are still needing bed rest a week later and that they've had teary moments...I haven't had that. My pain has more or less gone...I have wound site ache and some times a twinge inside but other wise I feel good. I don't know if I've lost any weight...my tummy is still really swollen. I've not done any heavy lifting or carrying but I've been out to visit family, took the kids to the park for about 45 mins and today I went to Brent cross with my cousin. Has any one else felt this way? How long is recovery suppose to take? I know everyone is different but am I in the majority ? Or minority?
Sally xxx

I was actually like you. After six days, the pain left, I didn't need any painkillers any more and could do most of my daily activities and felt fine. I think it depends on your general health, and yes, everyone is different. Glad you're feeling so well though. X

I was actually like you. After six days, the pain left, I didn't need any painkillers any more and could do most of my daily activities and felt fine. I think it depends on your general health, and yes, everyone is different. Glad you're feeling so well though. X

Thanks hun, have you had any complications since? I'm worried i'm counting my chickens if you like...I don't want to end up back in hosp x

No nothing major, except a few quite nasty dumping episodes, one of them just now... I am taking them as valuable lessons, but haven't experienced anything worse.

Aawwww i'm still on liquids so I've yet to find out if I dump :/ x

Trust me, you will know when it's dumping, it's horrible. But as I said, it teaches us some lessons, like not too much sugar, fat, don't eat too fast or too much... It's quite a strict teacher, loll

Wannabe yummy I am a lot like you at 12 days out. Bed rest?? You must be kidding hahaha.. I'm still grinning from ear to ear and not shed a tear yet :) ..I have the odd twinge inside if I move funny. One of my op sites hasn't quite healed so is sutured back up and is a little bit tender / bruised. I have experienced dumping already and as Inesc says there is no missing it when it happens. Mine occurred early on and with a listed item on my diet sheet :( ... Ovaltine lite made with half milk. It's effects where quick to come on and not pleasant.
I'm still not getting any full feeling and can drink much quicker than I anticipated I would. I keep waiting for the pain that everyone including my surgeon told me to expect if I drank/ate too quickly & Apart from the dumping episodes and anaesthetic sickness I have not experienced being sick through eating too quick etc either. I am also out and about when I can get transport ... I so hate not being able to just get in my car and go but was told by physio i had to wait six weeks :(.
So no hun you aren't the only one ...in fact I question that I have been bypassed at all :eek:

Wannabe yummy I am a lot like you at 12 days out. Bed rest?? You must be kidding hahaha.. I'm still grinning from ear to ear and not shed a tear yet :) ..I have the odd twinge inside if I move funny. One of my op sites hasn't quite healed so is sutured back up and is a little bit tender / bruised. I have experienced dumping already and as Inesc says there is no missing it when it happens. Mine occurred early on and with a listed item on my diet sheet :( ... Ovaltine lite made with half milk. It's effects where quick to come on and not pleasant.
I'm still not getting any full feeling and can drink much quicker than I anticipated I would. I keep waiting for the pain that everyone including my surgeon told me to expect if I drank/ate too quickly & Apart from the dumping episodes and anaesthetic sickness I have not experienced being sick through eating too quick etc either. I am also out and about when I can get transport ... I so hate not being able to just get in my car and go but was told by physio i had to wait six weeks :(.
So no hun you aren't the only one ...in fact I question that I have been bypassed at all :eek:

Lol I did to but I do feel full...but empty! I know that sounds crazy but I have that distended bloated full feeling but i'm my tummy I feel empty...I want to eat :( not hungry but I want to chew and taste! Lol

My family are worrying because I'm up and about and they say I don't look like someone who's just had surgery. I expected to be in pain for a while esp with wind and miserable but I'm not :) I just can't wait till the swelling goes down and I can start seeing some weight loss! Do you know when that's to be expected? My next clinic appt us the 11th of sept...they said that's when they will start counting weight loss :/
Xx

Back