• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Did something today for the first time in 8 years :)

Roch

Shrinking away nicely :)
Noooo it was not what u think it was lol get ur mind out of the gutter lmao :D:D:D:D:D:D

Well quite a few of u know that i have practically been housebound for many years and barely left the house unless i had to.
Well it has been 6 weeks since my surgery and today i did something that to most of you it is most prob an every day occurrence.
I decided to just go out on my own for a walk round my local shopping centre and just potter around the shops.
8 weeks ago this was impossible for me and there is no way i would of gone out walking as i could not walk and used a stick and was in contant chronic pain and when i did rarely leave the house i would not go anywhere on my own as i have been a victim of so much abuse just walking down the street and have been called every fat name poss.

Today i just jumped in the car and went to Enfield town walked around the shops, popped into Monsoon and bought some gorgeous gold strappy toe post sandals then went into boots and got some perfume and then body shop to get some body creams, then off to B&Q to get some wallpaper to decorate my room, so i got some really contemporary white flock paper with massive black flowers on it and it will be on my feature wall and the other walls brilliant white. My gorgeous son gave me £100 for my birthday yesterday so i went out spending.
It is so nice to just look in the shops and walk around and there are so many nice things i want to get for my house, and now i am not spending lots of money on food i can treat myself to some nice things.

For me doing this today was a massive thing for me, i know its the norm for most of u but i have spent the past 8 yrs hiding from the world, and now its my turn to come out of my self and stop hiding.
Its hard for me to acknowledge i have come so far in such a short time, and i cant wait to see the rest of the changes in me in the future.

Just wanted to share this with u all and especially if there any of our members who have hidden from the world like me just to let u know there is light at the end of the tunnel, and like me things will change so quickly for you post op.

Take care and ty for taking the time to stop and read my post xxx

Last edited:
Well done I bet it was a brilliant feeling.

That's fabulous! Happy birthday for yesterday sweetie. I bet you feel wonderful being able to 'step out' on your own xx

How brilliant for you. I dont go out much myself so I know what a massive achievement this is for you. Well done, and I hope you go out much more in the future. You deserve a life, not just an existance x

So happy 4 u Roch. It must have felt great to be out and about. Here's to many more outings for you x

I totally agree with Dotty...you are now living, not just existing, which is what a lot of us here were/are doing.
I am so thrilled for you that you too are reaping the rewards of your surgery, it is an awesome feeling and I am thrilled that you get to feel it xx
Steph xx

That's lovely Roch...I'm glad you did it and glad you had a good day x

you must feel great girl u have got your life back u enjoy it girl ,
steve x

Just read about your day, well done, hold your head up, you have come a long way...I still go out early, come home straight into my "sloppys" mind you since changing a few things this week i definitely have more energy, so will be trying a bit harder from now on ..Janx

Well done for getting out there Roch! That was just a taste of things to come.

Cuppa xx

Oh bless you, I can tell by what you've written just how much today's achievements mean to you.

Fantastic news, here's to your next spending spree!!!

xxx

Back