• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Disappointed - tell me i'm just normal and not failing!

phatmomma

Well i've been for weigh in this morning as i have my occupational health appt this afternoon at work and to say i feel disappointed is an understatement...

From last Wednesday to today i've lost a whole 1lb!

It will be 3 weeks on Thursday of this week i had my surgery and in the previous 2 weeks i lost 14lb...

I know my body is probably having a reaction to the weight loss and is holding onto it's reserves but a little man at the back of my head is telling me i'm gonna be the one that fails....

Please someone tell me how to shut it up, give my head some peace xx

I'm afraid this happens to all of us my darling, and even though we know it's gonna happen, and why it happens, it never gets any easier does it.

Don't worry Honey, you WILL succeed, let's hope you have a better loss next week eh?

xxx

I'm not gonna weigh next week, i'm going to try and resist for a couple of weeks...

Although after this measly loss i may not be able to resist!

Julie you have done so well hun, dont let this little hold dishearten you. I had to throw my scales away at home but every week on a friday morning i go to my local Boots store and weigh myself and there, That way i cant weigh myself in between x

Don't get so down, the weight loss does slow down. I go weeks without a loss sometimes, its really frustrating. Also remember its still early days for you, your still healing inside.

Go by your clothes and how you feel more than what the scales are telling you.

Julie - get hold of that little man at the back of your head and give him a huge boot up the bum! :whoopass:

Seriously, look back over any post-opper and they will almost all have had a stall at about three weeks. The fact that you still managed to lose a pound is brilliant! It WILL come off and you are NOT failing! xx

Julie, I know how frustrating it is, believe me I KNOW!

I suspect the problem maybe that you are just not able to get in enough calories while on the liquid stage. The body may be going into starvation mode and hanging onto the weight for dear life. Study what you are consuming and try and increase it if it is low. Otherwise your body will probably snap out of it in it's own time. Do you have access to a dietician at your provider? Could be worth a call, but they will probably say to not panic and not be impatient. xx

It's perfectly normal hun, as everyone else has already said. For the last 10 days I've gone up & down by 1lb like a yo-yo!! It will start to come off again in it's own time but it's damn frustrating in the meantime, especially when you've had a significant loss in the first couple of weeks :hug99: xx

Julie you are not going to fail.
I had a loss of 2lb at week 3 and wondered if I was the one to fail. I think we have all had that feeling, wondering if we are the one that it's not going to work for.
Keep up the good work

Just checked and I had lost exactly the same as you in week 3.

the first 3 weeks post op for me I lost nowt - then in the last week I lost a stone - so your ahead of already hun ;) :D

Oooohhhhhhhhhhh I HATE that little man and his stupid whispering in the back of your mind.
I am pretty sure that it was around the three week mark that I was upset with my weight loss, but I think mine was an actual stall and last a week or two and I was in such a dark frame of mind during that time. I remember saying to hubby "thats it, its over, this time next year I will still look the same!!! I know in the back of my mind that I CANT be the same next year but if Ive lost any more weight by then I am going to be shocked" and look at me now, eight months down and I DID lose more, lots more.
You WONT be the one it doesnt work for, this IS just your body stopping to draw breath.
Keep going hon, you are going to do brilliantly xx
Steph xx

Julie, as every else has sadi, you're doing brilliantly and sometimes we just have no control over what our bodies do!
You are doing everything right, feel for you though cos I know how frustrating it is. Much love x

You are doing fantastic! Dont let the little guy in your head take control give him a kick up the backside and tell him to button it!! We all get weeks like this, its normal x

Julie...... shut up.;)

You are not going to fail. I now know how good it is to have the scales hidden away.

Julie, get yourself some Actimels in. I read on here about probiotics and decided to try them. I have the plain one in case of dumping. On weeks that I dont have one daily I lose less-no weight but on weeks where I have only daily without fail, I lose at least 1-2lb, so it definately makes a difference.
Steph xx

Right i've kicked that little man right up the jacksie as advised by you lovely lot...

Glenville i am on solids and they're going down okay but obviously not loads as i only have a little pouch now :)

Steph thanks for the probiotic hint, i have just discovered Rachels low fat probiotic yoghurt and am enjoying this in the evenings...

I'm sure the scales will start being kind again. I do weigh in at Boots, i wasn't even going to bother today except i had Occupational Health referral at work and thought she might ask about any losses...

I am definitely going to try and ignore those little blighters in future xx

Julie hun i did not lose a pound from day 6 for 3 long weeks, and i know how it made me feel. Hun ur doing so well pls dont let it get u down, u have more room in the bath so that means ur shrinking big time, and u r poss going through ur first stall pls dont let it get u down as ur doing fab.
Take care luv Roch xx

Can't add anymore except well done on what you've lost so far - you'll probably find it'll make itself up next week x

Back