• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dry Mouth

Sam00190

Im only just over a week out of surgery but ever since I'm always thirsty and have a really dry mouth. I cant seem to get much fluids as needed due to only sipping? Could do with gulping down a big glass of squash but i know how painful that will be as i accidentally had too big a sip of a drink yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

i did that too took a big gulp took my breath away it was so sore.

how about getting some ice lollies to suck? My mum happened to mention that there was a coulpe of callippos in the freezer (they are probably out of date and she probably fobbing me off with them :rolleyes:) but it might help with quenching the thirst.

xxx

I know how u feel 4 weeks post and I'd love to have a huge cold drink - watched ice cold champagne being served on tv last night and still thinking of it sipping all day but craving more - although I know I'm still not drinking enough - I'm sure things will get better tho :)

The ice lolly/freezer pop thing really helped me too. I was sooooo thirsty. Although in this weather....hmm.

Im only just over a week out of surgery but ever since I'm always thirsty and have a really dry mouth. I cant seem to get much fluids as needed due to only sipping? Could do with gulping down a big glass of squash but i know how painful that will be as i accidentally had too big a sip of a drink yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi, it only lasts a short time just keep sipping xx

Thanks all - bit of a nightmare after brushing teeth then having a drink out the tap of icy water - not very classy :)

Back