• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Eating out - 5 weeks post op....

Dell

Hi all

My eldest will be 17 on my 5 week post op surgiversary and we normally go out en masse for a big family meal....

She is very keen to do so and wants me to be there, but I am wondering what sort of things I could expect to be eating at the 5 weeks stage?

I know we are all different, my post op guides say I will only be introducing chewable food by that date, so am a little nervous and need to know where to book for!!

Many thanks
xx

To be honest with you, there ain't much choice out there for the stage your at. You really ain't gonna manage much. I'd suggest playing it safe and having soup, if you really feel the need to eat sonething more substantial try fish. Not sure if your know it but a restaurant chain called Cafe Rouge do a nice Lemon Sole Dish. The fish is really soft and melts in your mouth. I order it with mash, I only manage a few mouthfuls of the mash, but the fish goes down lovely.

You could go to Nando's and just nibble on a chicken wing with some mash? Alternatively how about melon as opposed to soup? Hard at your stage xx

was going to suggest a jacket potato if available and mash it up a bit before you eat it

I did think I'd be still pretty restricted but a jacket potato hadn't crossed my mind, great idea! thinking about a few local places that I'm sure will help me out. the only chains awe have here are fast food! thanks everyone x x

int he early stages if i had to eat out i would try to have jacket potato or the stuffed potato skins (scraping out the potato obviously)
you be surprised how little of it you actually eat lol....my friends were, meant they finished what i left lol

Yes, I'd be suggesting shepherd's pie, jacket potato (usually fine with tuna), just scrape out the middle bit and give it a good going over with your fork!, or even a little bit of poached salmon if you can find some with a nice low fat sauce to make it more moist....or a nice fish pie or a cauliflower cheese, again mashed up with your fork.

I've had all of the above and been fine. It's even better if yo a find someone who's willing to share your dish, as that way it's so much cheaper!
You will only eat a tiny bit of what ever you order.

Back