• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Eating Too Fast....

Mrs Quiggle

I'm still doing it and still suffer from feeling sick because of it. Wish I could slow down then it might improve. The sick feeling only lasts about half an hour but is annoying. I'm also rubbish at knowing when I'm full up. When I've finished eating I feel fine then 5 mins later I start that burping food up thing and the foamies and then I know I've eaten too much. Wish I had a signal to tell me when to stop.

Anyone else feel the same.

Kate x

yip deffo the same I was eating tea just few minutes ago n had to stop cause it was getting stuck through eating too fast, its soo hard n I really do feel like I'm eating slowly but obviously just not slow enough. We'll get it right eventually....hopefully.

I have sussed out the full fealing although that took time aswell xx

Get full very fast if I eat quickly. Feels like a normal speed to me but apparently my pouch doesn't agree.

I think whats helped is I've learned my portion size limit to serve cause I seem to eat the same few meals every day although somedays I think I could eat more so I usually have some fruit to top me up xx

Hi kate
Our pouches really cant hold more than about 4-6oz of food which isnt really a lot, so if you can start weighing your foods again until you can guess by eye that will stop you over filling your pouch. Ive worked out that 8-10 mouthfulls fills me up so im sticking to that for now. Have you got any digital scales because some foods really weigh a lot even though they dont look much on your plate. As for eating slowly thats the thing ive found the hardest, i just dont leave enough time between mouthfulls but im getting better!!
Kim

Hi - read on another site bout the 20/20/20 rule xx Chew 20 times - count to 20 inbetween mouthfuls and wait 20 mins before having a drink - tried it and it did help a bit :)
Still eat too quick sometimes and boy does it get me every time :eek:

ooh i was just about to say what cassiecat said lol xxx

try eating with a teaspoon ..........and only putting the teaspoon back for more food when you've cleared the first ............works for me ;)

maybe this is why i always feel sick after every single meal. I know I still eat very quickly and barely chew my food, but as I'm never sick and don't dump I just thought it was ok! I also don't get the foamies! Maybe I should try the 20/20 rule and see if it helps. I just hate cold food and have always eaten quick, hard habit to break.

maybe this is why i always feel sick after every single meal. I know I still eat very quickly and barely chew my food, but as I'm never sick and don't dump I just thought it was ok! I also don't get the foamies! Maybe I should try the 20/20 rule and see if it helps. I just hate cold food and have always eaten quick, hard habit to break.

Me too hun xx Eating quickly has always been a habit of mine :eek:
Is very hard to change a habit of a lifetime!!
Your lucky, wish I didnt get the dreaded Foamies :cry:

i dont like eating cold food when its hot either... but what i do is put my plate in the microwave for 20 seconds keeps your dinner a bit hotter for longer x

lol I did that with my ramekin (havent progressed to plates yet) and instead of seconds left it in for minutes and it was so hot I dropped it in the sink and it broke into pieces LOL! :)

Get yourself a toddler sized 'keep warm' dish - your food will stay warmer for longer.

Thanks everyone. I always eat with a teaspoon if it's something teaspoonable if not I do use a knife and fork but over the last few days I've been using everyones tips and tried eating much slower. I think my bites have reverted to pre-op bites so I'm taking smaller ones. At work is hard because I don't actually get a lunch break so I eat on the hoof or as I'm working and tend to rush it so I'm not seen to be having a 'lunch break'. Today I went into town with the kids and they wanted MacD's and I had a spicy bean wrap thing. Was horrible and I just picked out the salad bits and the grilled dry bean thingy and a little of the wrap but felt sick for the rest of the trip because I ate it too quickly. Oh well I will keep trying to slow down. I do feel much better when I do, and I've lost 3lb this week so can't be all bad. :)

Kate x

One of the best indicators for me of when to stop eating is when my nose starts to run
I stop and this has helped me a hell of a lot

I was really interested by yappers comment about your nose running. That is so true it's amazing how your body gives you signs and how in tune you can become with your body.

Aww isnt it horrible!
Ive found I get no feelings of fullness before its too late but Iim beginning to gauge how much is enough. I love a mug of tea after eating and waiting the 30 mins after is the hardest part for me. I was told my pouch was about the same size of an egg but he must have meant a big egg as that much food goes unnoticed I think about 2 eggs worth is about my limit but very slowly.

Back