• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

fed up

zns

:cry:im having a really bad few days, have been sick several times and am feeling really rubbish emotionally. My depression has been really bad the last week or so.
I keep forgetting to chew everything properly and feel really weak from not eating that much because of being afraid of being sick again.
Its all a big cycle of naffness :(

Oh hugs Zoe... xxx

Is your depression a result of your failing to eat properly?
If so it's a vicious circle. Do you think you could speak to your doctor about it at all? Be good to yourself and don't beat yourself up .... it's a huge learning curve. If you need to for the time being ... nourish yourself with some slider foods - low fat soups and the like until you get your strength back and you can get your head together?

cc x

Aw you poor thing, (HUGS) Depression is such a viscous circle and so hard to get out of. Dont give up trying to eat though hun, just try your best to eat very slowly and chew chew and chew again. When you get the eating right the mood may follow.....Hope you feel better soon XX

I can sympathise with you Zoe. I had day from hell y'day from when I nearly had a drink of ice cold diet coke to not chewing my tea properly as I was so hungry & in a hurry.

But did I suffer for it. Its the first time I've been sick since my bypass & I was in on my own. I was crying & blaring!!

So today I have gone back to liquids. I'll try some WW soup for tea. Maybe we're trying to run before we can walk.

Take care

The depression Ive had for 9 years:( but its been really bad again the last week or so, it was actually pretty good over the op and the couple of weeks after.
I was going to see the gp this week but so have havent been able to summon the strength, will keep trying though. Thanks for listening, think I needed to get it out. x

((((((((Z))))))))) have a huge hug.

Are you on medication for your depression - if not, why not try some and if so, maybe it needs adjusting post-op - you never know?

I have battled with depression for almost 17 years and it was only earlier this year I finally weaned myself of antidepressants. *Everyone* was against it, my GP, my consultant etc, but I felt great and had done for about 12 months, I felt my forthcoming bypass was a positive, exciting step in my life, but they all wanted me on the meds to get me through the harder times associated with it. Thankfully, I have felt great, its been very positive for me other than a couple of vomits, and I have not really felt low at all (yet!) but if I feel myself having lots of bad days again., I won't hesitate to go back on meds.

Hope you soon feel brighter, have you tried getting your warm clothes on and marching out for a brisk walk? it really helps me feel brighter xxxx

just wanted to give a HUG xx

Sorry I can't help with the depression, other than offer love and cyber support.
But re: food, go back to soft foods and soups for a few days, then try again when you feel calmer. Big hugs. xxxxxxx

Thanks guys, have had soup and feel a bit better,

Im on meds for depression, infact a higher dose than is usually given, have another appointment to see the mental health team psychiatrist, but she is useless! I wanted to change meds in feb and only got an appointment to see her just before my op so they didnt want to change meds so close to the op so upped the dose. Hoping they will let me try something different now. Ive had 3 other types of antidepressants so a new one may not help but has to be worth a try ?

xx

i really did struggle with my bipolar after my op , and there have been several days where i have been really bad . im not sure if my meds are working right now . so maybe you should see your dr hun and get ur meds changed , as we lose weight our hormones go through hell, as we store hormones in our fat, if we lose weight at a rapid speed our hormones cant keep up with it, so if you suffer with depression it really becomes a struggle hun, it hasnt been long since your op so your going through all the normal down days . we all get after the op even people without depression can have the depressed days , also our bodies are grieving for the food we arent eating, the op might help with the eating, but it doesnt help with the brain hun, i have suffered with bipolar for almost 30 years .... but keep chatting on here and you will get support, from a lot of people , it really did help me in my dark days ,,,, hope you feel better soo hun xxxx

Back