• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Femfrankies' Big Steps & Little Uns

Comfort all the way for me I'm afraid. In my younger, larger than life times I have tried the cheese wire..let's just say they are just not me :grumble:

I will say...they sit differently now :) WOrth a try at least ;)

Bought a size 16 jumper in the Asda Sales today. Just tried it on and realised I could have really got away with a 14 so im going to have to take it back hehehe.. This has never happened to me before! I have had to return things because they are too small but never too big :D ..thankgoodness I didnt buy the 18 or 20 that I thought may fit me better!

I know hun I keep telling myself its all a fluke! Actually argued with myself about taking it back then gave myself a stern talking too and realised it would be foolish to hold on to it knowing it will be way too big before i can even blink.

Thrilled for you two super-losers. Fantastic!! Me too! Am a 14!! Bought four items in a charity shop today (two very fitted) - Next, Warehouse, Boden and H&M. They all fit me perfectly. That'll do nicely xxx

Amazing work ladies :) we should be well proud of ourselves hehehe..
Still not convinced so I put jumper on to show hubby grinning from ear to ear about my purchase but I never cracked a light about my doubts on its size but immediately ..before I even got it over my hips.. He said it's a bit big isn't it. Yayyyy result!!

I am a sixteen - 14 is too tight on me, although some are fitting nicely. Most comfy in a 16 tho

Same thing happened to me this at the weekend. Bought a shapewear underbust cami type thing. Spent ages looking at it wondering weather to be safe and get the 18 or buy the 16 and slim in to it. Plumped for the 16 in the end, but had to take it back today, as it was too big, and wasn't holding anything in! I have bought a few 14s now, but I just keeping it must be the cut or its some kind labelling of error. I actually believe I am a 20, even though I fit into size 14-16! How does that work?!
I feel my weight and my size don't tally. I always thought that to be this size I would have to be at least 2 stone lighter.

I feel that way big time. I feel I am incredibly heavy for my size.

Its so weird, but everyone is different. When I compare my friends, it makes no sense. Of my two closest friends, one is 9 stone, 5ft 6in and a size 10/12, the other is a size 12/14 but is 5ft 1in and 11 1/2 stone. I feel so big in comparison, but they tell me it is now pretty much in my head, haha.

Yve at 5ft3" I am 3" shorter than you are but at hovering around the same weight and in the same size clothes?! Confusing isn't it. I think this is because my lower half of my body is still so far behind in inch losses :( It's still stuck in the 18/20's having only dropped one miserable half inch on the calf since October :grumble:

Same thing happened to me this at the weekend. Bought a shapewear underbust cami type thing. Spent ages looking at it wondering weather to be safe and get the 18 or buy the 16 and slim in to it. Plumped for the 16 in the end, but had to take it back today, as it was too big, and wasn't holding anything in! I have bought a few 14s now, but I just keeping it must be the cut or its some kind labelling of error. I actually believe I am a 20, even though I fit into size 14-16! How does that work?!
I feel my weight and my size don't tally. I always thought that to be this size I would have to be at least 2 stone lighter.

I know what you mean Fiona I am exactly the same. I looked at this jumper and could not see tubby me ever getting in to it. My mind just can not comprehend the fact that it is in fact too big. I keep taking it out the bag looking at it as if I am trying to convince myself that I must have got something wrong :confused:. How wacky is that! Don't get me wrong I know the vast majority of 14's are mostly out of my league and 16 is way more comfy but I'm caught between comfy and the practicality of longevity.

Its so weird, but everyone is different. When I compare my friends, it makes no sense. Of my two closest friends, one is 9 stone, 5ft 6in and a size 10/12, the other is a size 12/14 but is 5ft 1in and 11 1/2 stone. I feel so big in comparison, but they tell me it is now pretty much in my head, haha.

I see my mother in law as being tiny she insists she is a size 14 (more like a 12) but it is scary to think that I'm not far away from her ... Well my top half is haha

I am also 5' 3" and as of today am 12stone 3lbs, and buying 14s. This is the lightest I've been since I was 12 years old - 38 years ago!

Well done hun.. It's great isn't it :).. I was 17 the last time I got into a 14... Crazily though I was also 12stone ?!

Gosh last time I got into a 14 I was about 10! Lilac im the same height, but 2 stone heavier! So thats why it doesn't make sense. I am quite small framed, but it makes me think I might be kidding myself!

I feel the same - but I can't deny that my ass fits comfortably into a 16, my top is possibly smaller now. It's mad isn't it? I don't think clothes sizing helps

Back