• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First Post and Need Reassuring PLEASE!

sydenham

:cry:
Hi Everyone,

I hope that someone can offer me the reassurance that I need as I am at home trying hard to think of anything else. I had my Bypass on the 7th April 2011, so I am almost 4 weeks post op. I have been incredibly lucky (so far) in that I have not had pain or any complications.
Right from the moment I went on to pureed food, I found it disconcerting that I never had the "feeling" of fullness, that pain that tells you when to stop, so I made the decision to stop at what I knew was the correct amount.
I started my journey at 20 stone with a BMI of 46.6 in February. I stayed on the pre op diet for a month out of choice and lost 2 stone, so was 18 stone pre op.
I am now weighing in at 16 stone 12 pounds but am so disappointed at the rate of loss.
I don't understand, how doing my own thing I can lose 5/6 lbs a week and yet with surgery and eating high protein, low carb and so little compared to past life - why its not falling off.
I keep reading that the first 3 months is when the massive shift of weight starts but I don't see how I am going to catch up and suddenly lose bundles.
Am I being unreasonable with myself or should I have a word with my surgeon and tell him I am unhappy?
xxx

:cry:
Hi Everyone,

I hope that someone can offer me the reassurance that I need as I am at home trying hard to think of anything else. I had my Bypass on the 7th April 2011, so I am almost 4 weeks post op. I have been incredibly lucky (so far) in that I have not had pain or any complications.
Right from the moment I went on to pureed food, I found it disconcerting that I never had the "feeling" of fullness, that pain that tells you when to stop, so I made the decision to stop at what I knew was the correct amount.
I started my journey at 20 stone with a BMI of 46.6 in February. I stayed on the pre op diet for a month out of choice and lost 2 stone, so was 18 stone pre op.
I am now weighing in at 16 stone 12 pounds but am so disappointed at the rate of loss.
I don't understand, how doing my own thing I can lose 5/6 lbs a week and yet with surgery and eating high protein, low carb and so little compared to past life - why its not falling off.
I keep reading that the first 3 months is when the massive shift of weight starts but I don't see how I am going to catch up and suddenly lose bundles.
Am I being unreasonable with myself or should I have a word with my surgeon and tell him I am unhappy?
xxx

Well done on your weight loss, losing just over 3 stone since feb is blooming fantastic. Everyones weight loss differs from one person to another, plz dont compare yourself too other people, and your weight loss journey is not a race, slowly off , stays off, you dont wanna be losing waaaaaayyy 2 quick and end up ill do ya ????. Keep following your providers guidelines and you will be pleasantly surprised........All the best Julie xx

Hi Syd - Welcome to the forum. Well done on a fantastic start to your weight loss journey.

As Julie says if you stick to the plan given by your team, there is no reason why you should`nt be losing the weight.

It might not come off as quick as it did initially - don`t forget you were on the liquid diet when you were losing a fairly large amount....but you can`t keep that up indefinately.
Try and stay focussed on the road ahead, making sure 1. Proteins are your main choice. 2. Vegetables are the follow-up food. 3. Carbs in small quantities if necessary.

If you keep a diary of what you eat and record your weight loss on a weekly basis you will find that you will have steady losses each month.

Do not Panic! You will lose lots and lots of weight - but be patient! and follow the rules!

If you go to the green header above at the top of the page and go to User cp, there is a pull-down box where you can fill in more of your details regarding your operation etc; it will help you record how you are doing, as well as help us to help you.

Take care hun x

Love Kat x

Welcome sydenham,:welcome2:

Congratulations on losing over 3 stone:happy096:

Can't add much to what BD and Katkit have already said just that when you start losing weight you will always lose the most in the first month or two as you have more to lose.

You will also experience times where the weight stays the same, it is called a plateau and can last a week or more and then you will find your speeds up again.

As everyone is different you will find you lose your weight at your own pace...but from here on you will really notice the difference in your clothes and it will take less weight off to drop down a clothes size as you are taking more from less.

Hang in there, you are doing very well:clap::clap::clap:

Thank you all so much for your advice and kind words. I know in my heart you are all absolutely right. I will make a real effort to be more positive and less negative.
Suzanne
x

Suzanne, chill girl :) You have done fabulously my lovely, let your body let go of the excess at the rate it's comfortable with and not as quickly as you want it too. Try and ignore the devils spawn (scales) especially so soon post op, the weight will go and people will wonder whatever happened to the fat girl they used to know xx

I know you are right...... I have two sets of the bloody things too. I am now going to be strict and do each Monday morning only. Thanks again.
xx

Hi syd, as you know I've been feeling the same way :( but I've had an amazing response and I'm trying to give myself a break!!!!!
Don't worry, we can do it
Tasha xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back