• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gall Bladder update

Fat Again

Well the latest is the NHS surgeon is refusing to do my gall bladder op unless he has the notes from my private surgeon regarding my bypass.

He claims that because my bypass was keyhole, it makes it near impossible for him to perform the gall bladder op through keyhole and may have to open me up !!!!!!!

I have got my notes for the NHS surgeon and have another appointment with him in the new year, so we'll see what happens then.

Has anyone else experienced problems like this ????

Im only weeks post op so not had these problems I just wanted to say I hope they manage to sort something out so they dont have to do an open surgery for the gallstones! Good Luck XX

I'm with Jacqui. Hope you're not in too much pain whilst they're sorting this out.

Rebirth

How ridiculous. I have had numerous keyhole ops in the same area prior to my gall bladder taken out and then they used the same hole areas for my bypass. That surgeon sounds like an absolute moron.

Well the latest is the NHS surgeon is refusing to do my gall bladder op unless he has the notes from my private surgeon regarding my bypass.

He claims that because my bypass was keyhole, it makes it near impossible for him to perform the gall bladder op through keyhole and may have to open me up !!!!!!!

I have got my notes for the NHS surgeon and have another appointment with him in the new year, so we'll see what happens then.

Has anyone else experienced problems like this ????

Only a few weeks post-op so no, not yet & hopefully I won't....just jinxed it now I'm sure!

I'm no surgeon but it wouldn't hurt to ask for a second opinion re. not being able to operate laparoscopically due to scar-tissue from prior tiny keyhole scars. If another surgeon says the same....perhaps he isn't blowing out hot air?! Hoping you aren't in too much pain while you are waiting for all this to get sorted out.

my bypass was keyhole and then my gallbladder was also removed by keyhole about 8 months later. No problems here.

I'm with fashionable late and Sam. When i went for my sleeve consult the consultant seemed pleased i'd had keyhole for my gall bladder and even commented on how nice and neat my scars were. He was happy to do either a bypass or sleeve using keyhole.

Poor you. I hope it goes ok for you.
Grace xxx

I had my gallbladder out via keyhole and have other scars (keyhole ones) as well and the surgeon didnt say he wanted me to have open surgery

Sounds like a prat!

Good luck xx

Back