• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

so poorly last night

Hi, I had my gall bladder removed sone time ago. Whilst I was in surgery they performed an mrcp which showed free flow so the surgeon said they had got all the stones. Then straight after I was discharged I started with the same horrific pain. I went back to mr docs who said I was imaging it. Anyway many admissions to hospital and mri's later a stone was found at the entrance to my stomach. I had an ercp and a stent placed in mh bile duct to allow any surplus stones to escape. Unfortunatley I developed acute pancreatitis from the ercp as die got into my pancreas. I spent a week in high dependency and another week recovering on the ward.

So don't give up nagging the doctors, don't let them fob you off.

You have my total sympathy as I know how horrifically painful gall stones are. I would rather give birth daily!!!

Kindest regards
Claire

Ps.
My gall stone attacks never followed any patterns, although my first attack happened in bed and apparently that's typical of gall stone attacks.

I once had a chicken salad thinking I was being a good girl and I ended up in a&e on morphine, apparently although 99% of cucumber is water the remaining 1% us difficult for the digest and hence it aggregates the gall bladder.

I can't tell you enough to keep on at your doctors, I spent 10 months in and out of hospital, on morphine, I even missed my daughters 1st birthday as I had an horrific attack which ended with me in an ambulance. After 10 months someone suggested a abdominal scan and there they were. My gall bladder was full to the entrance with gravel like stones.

Nag nag nag those doctors

Xxxxxx

The ultrasound showed up nothing. I had the MRI in August and the hospital have not called me back, so i presume that this was normal too (i really should double check that though lol !)
I have totally avoided codeine and have not had another episode which points to it being a reaction to codeine, causing bile duct spasms. Lord alone knows why i suddenly started having problems with this drug after taking it for 20 years though.
Fingers crossed i'm right about the cause though as i'm not in a hurry to experience another episode !

The ultrasound showed up nothing. I had the MRI in August and the hospital have not called me back, so i presume that this was normal too (i really should double check that though lol !)
I have totally avoided codeine and have not had another episode which points to it being a reaction to codeine, causing bile duct spasms. Lord alone knows why i suddenly started having problems with this drug after taking it for 20 years though.
Fingers crossed i'm right about the cause though as i'm not in a hurry to experience another episode !

I too get similar pains when I take anything with codine in it and like you I have been taking them for a longtime and have only developed a sensitivity since my op.

Hopefully your right and you have it sorted, thankfully.

I cannot take the strong co codomol because i had loads of episodes where i was rolling around on the bed begging for an ambulance to be sent for me and all the time it was the tablets doing this to me...i avoid them like the plague now, so maybe you are right love. xxx

okay, i spoke too soon !
The Tramadol that i took all over xmas without any bother have now started giving me pains. 3 out of the last four i took gave me abdominal pains, not as bad as the codeine and not lasting as long, but enough to have me sat up in bed last night doing the rapid shallow breathing thing till the pain subsided. I wish i understood whats going on. I'm not sure what else there is to try pain killer wise. Anyone got any suggestions - i need something quite powerful.

Tramadol patches ;)

I was going to suggest patches too, I know they do them for a lot of different painkillers now. Also suppositories, I know they do some of those painkillers too :D XX

im a newbie i was reading your post you poor thing i hope you get it sorted soon my friend is going in hospital soon to have hers removed and i know by her its a awful thing to go through get well soon sending luv and hugs xxx

Back