• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Going for my bypass op in less than 5 hours!!!

So glad you're all done and home Nichola :) get plenty of rest and recover, welcome to the new you :) xxx

thank you :)

managed to get my hair washed today nd feel nice nd clean but shattered from the effort x

cnt wait to eat peanut butter, yum!

That hospital sounds dreadful, you should put a complaint in, making you eat all that, could of been dangerous, sips of water only for the first 24hrs, you should of had adequate pain relief available, regardless of charts, disgusting really, glad your feeling better though I had my op last Tuesday, wishing you all the best. Mark

I'm hoping to get my date for Derby in the next couple of months so this info is really helpful! If the nurses try and force a 3 course meal down me I'll be telling them where to stick it!! Glad Mr Ahmed is nice though :) I've never met him, only ever seen his second in command and the dietician!

H x

To be fair legally we as nurses can't give any medications without a chart , but the 1st nurse could have handled it better . I would have had the chart sent back , given analgesia then sent the chart back .

Nicola,

Please to hear you are home and things are improving.

Cheers,

had a good day today managed to eat 5 small 'meals' and roughly 1lt of water and im feeling pretty awake for once! :)

gettin better and better as the days go on :) all that pain will be worth it!

thanks mark xx how are you coping with the free fluids diet? im on it for 2 weeks, cant wait to sink my teeth into somethin :)

montana i think its just the lack of bariatric nurses tht were around, i saw one for literally 5 minutes! so i think the nurse who told me to eat all tht thought she was doing what was best. but def only drink what you can manage! not worth it lol. hopefully you will get your op soon, i think im still in denial lol, cnt get the scales out to weigh myself atm as i cnt bend to floor level so dnt know how im doin, sure when i weigh myself it will sink in! :)

Best wishes hunni for a speedy recovery xx

thanks andy :)

im 1 week post op now, got on the scales and ive lost 10lbs :) wont be long before im shoppin for that bikini hehe

Back