• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gutted

Thanks for the messages if support!

There was an article in the local paper this weekend about the first person to have a bypass at my local hospital on the new list - she was/is very young and weighs 24 stone. It also says they are the first hospital in Surrey to offer WLS!

Will look to see if I can find a link to the story online,

Tatiana

Lets hope you are the second person on the new list xxx :):):)

TwinkleTwinkle said:
Lets hope you are the second person on the new list xxx :):):)

Here's hoping you're right Twinkle Twinkle!

I was originally told there were 4 people he had earmarked for the first ops and I was after them!

I also read they are building a dedicated centre for bariatric surgery which should be opwn in early November - I wonder if I'll be done before or after it opens?

Tatiana

I'm nowhere near any surgery or anything yet but as long as i know the funding has been agreed i feel every day is a day closer ,keep your chin up :)

Here's hoping you're right Twinkle Twinkle!

I was originally told there were 4 people he had earmarked for the first ops and I was after them!

I also read they are building a dedicated centre for bariatric surgery which should be opwn in early November - I wonder if I'll be done before or after it opens?

Tatiana

Doesn't really matter as long as you are done sooner rather than later considering they cancelled on you .. here's hoping for an Oct/Nov date for you, sweetie xxx :):)

Oh you must be devistated, sending you big hugs, Karen x

Two more days until I can ring - not that I'm counting of course! (Yeah right!)

Chatting to someone else on the waiting list at my local hospital and she was told she should be done late November - we got mdt letters same date but I saw surgeon about 9 months before her - am crossing my fingers that it's good news!

Tatiana

Two more days until I can ring - not that I'm counting of course! (Yeah right!)

Chatting to someone else on the waiting list at my local hospital and she was told she should be done late November - we got mdt letters same date but I saw surgeon about 9 months before her - am crossing my fingers that it's good news!

Tatiana

Not long now ... 2 days will soon pass ... good luck, sweetie xxx :)

Thank you once again!

I had an appointment at pain clinic yesterday ans I was apparently the 2nd patient this week whose op has been postponed - at least it's not just me!

Am back at the hospital this week and next, seems as if I live there sometimes!

Tatiana

Thank you once again!

I had an appointment at pain clinic yesterday ans I was apparently the 2nd patient this week whose op has been postponed - at least it's not just me!

Am back at the hospital this week and next, seems as if I live there sometimes!

Tatiana

Don't let them start charging you rent, lol :) That really would be taking the proverbial ... Sorry you have pain, hon xxx :)

If they charge me rent I'll counter with house sitters fees!

Pain is part of my life that I've learned to put up with! The pain clinic want to change some of my meds but she also doesn't want to interfer too much so soon to the operation!

Hey ho!

Tatiana

Have just spoken to the hospital and they have told me that it will probably be mid to late DECEMBER before I get to the top of the list! Wtf!

Am devistated as it means I would probably have been quicker staying on the waiting list at St Georges - they would have at least taken into consideration that I had to wait 8 months for one appointment!

My last option is that I can try speaking to my surgeon to see if he'll move me up the list at all - of course I then can't get hold of his secretary it's either engaged or goes to answerohone saying she's out of the office but back today .

Could pull my hair out today I really could!

Tatiana

Well am back from my appointment at the hospital with the surgeon to discuss the effect it has had on me since being messed about by the hospital about my operation date and I'm not sure what (if any) difference it has made!

Firstly - the surgeon said I should never have even been given a date so soon after the list was created as there are at least 15 people ahead of me!

Then - the wait I had for one appointment after being accepted for surgery (but not put on waiting list) will not count for anything even though it has added 10 months to my journey.

Then - when I asked why I'd not been given the results of my barium swallow over a year ago and had to find out that, not only do I have a hiatus hernia, but I'm to have it repaired during my gastrectomy. I was told that, often, the barium swallow is inconclusive and they wait until they operate to visualise if there is a hernia and repair it if there is one. Then he looked up my result and said that, not only do I have a hernia, there was also clear evidence that I have reflux into my chest - so, I will definitely need it repairing!

Then - to offer some form of reparation for me being messed around..... the surgeon is going to look into how and why I was given a date that was so out for where I am on the list and for a week when they weren't even going to be operating! However, the woman he needs to speak to about this (who has the power regarding booking people onto lists) is on holiday at the moment, so it has to wait until she is back! But, once she is back, he will ask her to work out when I'm going to be at the top of the list and send me a letter with the date.

What worries me now is that, if they stick to 2 operations a fortnight, I've worked out I'm likely to be at the top of the list on December 23rd but I don't think they will operate that close to Christmas so I'm scared they will bump me into 2012. The only ray of hope is they increase the number of operations each fortnight so the list runs quicker.

A still gutted,

Tatiana

Well am back from my appointment at the hospital with the surgeon to discuss the effect it has had on me since being messed about by the hospital about my operation date and I'm not sure what (if any) difference it has made!

Firstly - the surgeon said I should never have even been given a date so soon after the list was created as there are at least 15 people ahead of me!

Then - the wait I had for one appointment after being accepted for surgery (but not put on waiting list) will not count for anything even though it has added 10 months to my journey.

Then - when I asked why I'd not been given the results of my barium swallow over a year ago and had to find out that, not only do I have a hiatus hernia, but I'm to have it repaired during my gastrectomy. I was told that, often, the barium swallow is inconclusive and they wait until they operate to visualise if there is a hernia and repair it if there is one. Then he looked up my result and said that, not only do I have a hernia, there was also clear evidence that I have reflux into my chest - so, I will definitely need it repairing!

Then - to offer some form of reparation for me being messed around..... the surgeon is going to look into how and why I was given a date that was so out for where I am on the list and for a week when they weren't even going to be operating! However, the woman he needs to speak to about this (who has the power regarding booking people onto lists) is on holiday at the moment, so it has to wait until she is back! But, once she is back, he will ask her to work out when I'm going to be at the top of the list and send me a letter with the date.

What worries me now is that, if they stick to 2 operations a fortnight, I've worked out I'm likely to be at the top of the list on December 23rd but I don't think they will operate that close to Christmas so I'm scared they will bump me into 2012. The only ray of hope is they increase the number of operations each fortnight so the list runs quicker.

A still gutted,

Tatiana
oh honey how disappointing for you :( is there a cancellation list you can go on? i really feel for you xxx

Wow Tatiana ... what an inept team. Sounds like a lot of buck shifting to me. Lets hope he sticks to his word & the woman, whomever she is can see how much you have been messed about & decides to take pity on you. Will be hoping for you, my love xxx :wave_cry:

Hi Caren,

When I spoke to the woman in central bookings last week I asked to be put on the cancellation list as I'm not working at the moment so could go in on minimum notice - of course that could cause problems for the liver shrinkage diet.

So, in preparation for the possibility of a, highly unlikely, cancellation I'm going to do a few days a week on the diet until the operation finally happens!

Tatiana

Hi Twinkle,

I don't think she will take pity on me as, when I spoke to her last week, she just said she wasn't able to move people from their place on the list.

I think my only hope is a cancellation (though, what's to say there aren't loads of people also wanting cancellations) or that the hospital get on and finish the new dedicated unit and start offering surgery every week rather than fortnightly!

Tatiana

Hi Caren,

When I spoke to the woman in central bookings last week I asked to be put on the cancellation list as I'm not working at the moment so could go in on minimum notice - of course that could cause problems for the liver shrinkage diet.

So, in preparation for the possibility of a, highly unlikely, cancellation I'm going to do a few days a week on the diet until the operation finally happens!

Tatiana
thats a really good idea, fingers crossed honey xxx

Hi Twinkle,

I don't think she will take pity on me as, when I spoke to her last week, she just said she wasn't able to move people from their place on the list.

I think my only hope is a cancellation (though, what's to say there aren't loads of people also wanting cancellations) or that the hospital get on and finish the new dedicated unit and start offering surgery every week rather than fortnightly!

Tatiana

The short notice list at my hospital seems to chose people at minimum risk who are not likely to be taking up a bed for ages. As they are sent to private hospitals & not in the main general one, this seems to be a good rule of thumb. I know all hospitals are different but what I am trying to say in my usual round the houses way, is that just because there are 15 people before you, on the list, does not mean they will all be suitable for short notice op's. I was on the liver diet just short of 7 days so don't worry on that score.
Good Luck babe xxx :):)

Thanks hon,

I think I'm just at that stressed phase because I thought I'd got there and now the horizon is a long way off!

Tatiana

Well we will just have to support you that bit more ... chin up babe. Try to concentrate on something fun, like planning Christmas or something else you really enjoy, which I know is not easy but you don't want to be a nervous wreck. You will need all your emotional health for when you have had your op, which is not far away even if it is early 2012. You have come this far ... keep on keeping on, mwah xxx :):)

Back