• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hair dye question

Another hairdresser here.

You could always go for a semi-permanent colour.

They are 75% conditioner and will make your hair lovely and shiny and soft.

xx

Well, I did it, I dyed it!!
I did it this morning and was almost in tears as more than double the usual amount of hair came away in my hands!!!
The conditioner with it has made my hair sooooo soft but soooo much of it came out, hair that looked perfectly healthy was dropping all around me and it was so destressing.
Im glad that the greys are now covered but I wont be dying my hair again any time soon!!!
My mum has always been my hairdresser and I was trying to grow my hair and was doing quite well with it but I called her and asked her to cut my hair into my old style for me (a bob basically) and now I look normal again because the shape of the cut makes what hair that I have look thicker. Mum said that she could understand why I was upset because for once she could actually see how badly it has thinned but thinks that it looks nice now.
So I have a new 'do' now and a nice colour with no greys but I wont be touching dyes again this side of summer.
Steph xx

I'm glad I read this thread as I have my roots done every 6-8 weeks to hide the greys! :eek:

I had a full colour plus foils done on Friday as I wanted a colour change. Will have to make sure I'm booked in again just before my op if I can't have it done in the first couple of months post-op :eek:

Twiggie...it might just be me that got unlucky on this occassion, others dye their hair as usual and are fine, so you might well be fine too xx
Steph xx

My new hairdo!

StephNewDoFebruary2010.jpg

Twiggie...it might just be me that got unlucky on this occassion, others dye their hair as usual and are fine, so you might well be fine too xx
Steph xx

Thanks, would rather be safe than sorry. I'm lucky to have quite thick hair, although it's a pain at times! Hopefully losing some won't be too disastrous but I'm not looking forward to it growing back as it will mean having grey spiky bits :(

Steph, just wanted to reassure you that the hairloss does slow down eventually. I am about 6 or 7 weeks ahead of you, and have been losing hair since about 4 weeks post op. Just in the past week I have noticed that the plughole isnt full after each shower now. I'm still losing a little, but it has reduced dramatically.

Your hair looks fab x

Twiggie...my hair is usually mad thick so a big shock thinning so badly.

Sam...ah so it may slow down soon enough then, thats good, plus Im on supplements for my hair now. Thanks xx

Ryb...Thanks xx

Steph xx

Looks very nice on you!

Thank you xx
It is actually the style I usually have but I was trying to grow it out but hey ho, will keep it this way until the hair loss stops.
Steph xx

Back