• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hair loss ??!

RoseA

Browsing these forums I've seen a couple of references to hair loss after bypass surgery... is this common ? I've never had a particularly thick head of hair but it is in excellent condition and I'm proud of the way it looks... I'd hate to lose it !!

Rose

I'm almost 4 months post op and losing a lot at the mo, but not worried as I have tons to start with;) Everyone's different though:D

Jeez... please tell me it'll grow back ! Are there any recommended treatments or anything to minimise the loss ?

Rose

Only a small percentage of peeps lose hair,there was a thread last week about it.Think Phatgirl gave all the info.

I lost some hair, noticable particularly in the shower, and after I've washed it. Didn't last long though, and it seems to have started growing again now. x

I am losing quite a lot and can feel the difference. I have upped my protein and am hoping it will slow down. Some people take Silica 2500, but I think if it is going to go then it will. The great news is that I am over 5 stone down, no one but me can tell that my hair is thinner and the hair will grow back!

Lx

Mine is a lot lot thinner and now I have a rather shiny scalp on the top and am having to scrape it back to hide it.

I'm told it will grow back eventually and as much as I know its a pain, it really is a small price to pay when you consider how all this is going to change your life for the better.

Im 51/2 months post op and started taking Silica 2500mg a month prior to surgery and 8 weeks post surgery - my hair is in good condition according to my hairdresser and I have lost no more than usual. According to Nic (PhatGirl), only 10% of post op people actually lose their hair anyway but I swear by the Silica.

Just remembered that lanzoprazole also causes hair loss sometimes, so maybe that's why mine is falling out;)

Thanks everyone... I guess there'll be no harm if I start to take Silica pre-op. My hair is quite thin and I'd definitely notice a loss :-(

Rose

I'm tempted to start taking this Silica 2500 :confused: I assume it is herbal? Where can I buy it from please?

Thanks,
Cuppa xx :D

Back