• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

help and advice needed

sumptuousangel

Hey, i have been called in for surgery on Sunday, but i haven't had any time to do the pre op diet. They only sent the letter yesterday and when i called they said just come and have it done anyway. I am concerned as i am having mine done laproscopically and would have thought the bypass was even more important. I don't want to lose out, i don't know how long funding is valid for and what will happen if i didnt have it on Sunday its just that i want the best outcome so want to follow all of the advice prior to surgery and don't know what to do?
Any advice?

Ring them & speak to them about it... thats the only advice I can offer. Sorry, Good luck tho. xx

The best thing to do is just speak to them, and raise your concern. I'm sure they are aware of the fact that they have given you no time to do your pre-op diet.

Good Luck. :)

Surely they would know you havnt had time to do the pre-op diet? Maybe they think just a few days will suffice, the best advice is to speak to them though. Good Luck x

Hi, They must think it is ok but you must talk to them if you feel unsure at all. Good luck .Marie.:greenapple:

Hey. thanks all.
Well i went for the appointment and they had be down for surgery the next day!. Anyhow there was an admin error and the letter should have been sent two weeks previosuly, as you all said no diet= no op. So got to re arrange it now. Was good though as i have ow been given the chance to have a band or a bypass, just wondered what your thoughts were on these two procedures.

Which procedure you have should depend on your eating habits and what you should have already discussed with your surgeon.

My choice for a bypass was due to bulk eating & a sweet tooth. I knew from gathering a lot of info on both ops that the band would require an awful lot of will power on my behalf, and if I had any will power at all I wouldn't need the op! After discussing my choice with my surgeon, he agreed.

I would have thought that you should have agreed what surgery you would be having by now. What did you think you were going in for on Sunday?

I wish you luck in what ever you decide. x

Sumptuous Angel, the Manor are getting notorious now for offering the band at the last minute. To be honest me and others think this is because it changes you to a day case which means they can get their backlog sorted out if your bum aint in a bed for 2+ days....

I personally have no willpower (well none that lasts longer than 6 weeks), i can eat big meals but i also like sweet stuff. A bypass was the best option for me as it will almost certainly put my diabetes in remission, and the fear of dumping puts me off eating rubbish...

A band needs tremendous willpower and you have to work real hard with it. Not sure who quoted the figures but someone said on here that a band is 70% your hard work and 30% the bands. The figures are reversed with a bypass, that's the kinda figures that suit me...

hth xx

ps, i also didn't fancy someone fiddling to find a port to give me a fill and the fact that i know bands can fail xx

I have to agree with phatmomma, i could not have a band, i have not got strong enough will power, i am going to need something that has some harsh reality checks so i stay on the straight and narrow, as we all know, we have all tried and failed at diets which is why we are all here i suppose. I would always take the advice of the consultant though but still would not want a band, but will let you know when i finally get there. xxx

Back