• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi, I'm Kirsty, banded August 2014. My post op dairy

shepherds pie & fish pie were great staples here lol mash pots with cheese .....anything which can be blended up LOL tbh it all tastes the same after a few days ughhhhh soon be on softs thats much better :) and more satisfying lol x x x x hope your feeling better today Sharon love x x x

Hi kirsty, love your new post...i love the dream about eating a ripple, last night i dreampt i was eating a giant marshmallow..woke up and my pillow had gone!!! Hahaha oh youve got to love the oldies!
Im glad you are going so well thats great.
I cant wait to get out for a walk with Fudge, maybe Monday once im not so concussed!
Im still hoping to get to the caravan next weekend.

How has your restriction been?
Its weird despite most of my stomach been hacked away i have had no pain in my tummy at all.

That's great no great pain Karina...I told you it was a breeze pain wise.

Try not to overdo it. I went out to the shops then out for coffee on day 4. Way too soon. I was totally shattered

I was out walking the dogs day 6 but only for short 15 mins at a time

Just hit a wall today day 9 - my wounds are a bit sore on the left hand side and I feel really lethargic. I don't thing bending down picking up dog poo three times a day x. 2 dogs has helped the wounds. So I'm going to walk them in pretty remote areas over the next couple of days so I won't have to do poo picking

Just take it easy. It's great that you have been sleeping so much. The best healing aid ever

Thanks for re sending these Sharon. I did not know we were to stick to 800 cals a day. I don't think I have been over that any of my days thank goodness

Chrystal, Sharon

I was thinking whiz zing up a tin of corned beef with a tin of chopped tomatoes..with some red onion too and lots of salt and pepper. It would be all mushy but full of protein

Also wondered at some of the pre made baby meals. Would save wasting food for the next couple of weeks

Chrystal. I have been told only to eat 4 or 5 tablespoons of food at each meal. Is that all we should eat at a time for ever??

Ive got 3 weeks on liquids only then i can move on to yoghurt! Then after two weeks puree. Yyyeehhaaa

Chrystal, Sharon

I was thinking whiz zing up a tin of corned beef with a tin of chopped tomatoes..with some red onion too and lots of salt and pepper. It would be all mushy but full of protein

Also wondered at some of the pre made baby meals. Would save wasting food for the next couple of weeks

Chrystal. I have been told only to eat 4 or 5 tablespoons of food at each meal. Is that all we should eat at a time for ever??

that sounds good! is that for the puree stages??

x

Chrystal, Sharon

For.......... me Puree stage was stuff whizzed up no bits (sieved) then soft (next stage) was food mashed with a fork :D Its while your healing insides so the digestive system doesn't have to work hard to break down your food. Of course all providers say differently so stick to what the tell you. I wasn't given a calorie target to stick to but i think they said about the same size wise...... as long as you eat really slowly thats all you will be able to eat withing your 20 mins anyway.
Now i'm 6 months post op obviously i can eat more (i have an empty band) I eat from a side plate sticking to the 20 2020 my tea tonight is 3oz chicken breast 50g boiled potato 3 cauli and 3 broccoli and some gravy :) again what you can eat within your 20 mins is small anyway but once you have restriction is would be less too. You have to learn to listen to your tummy so not to overdo it. If you eat too much or too fast you will know it LOL
All the while your healing you will be feeling some restriction, but as the healing happens the hunger will start to return (be-warned ) thats normally when you get your first fill......... be prepared for it tho, i think i was week 4/5 post op thats when u need to be strong and the strict sticking to the rules is a must :D
hope that helps girls x x x x
oh the baby food jars are not a great idea only because they really don't have the nutrients you need right now, home made is far better .... if you've got the time. How about slowcooker stews whized up yummm

Your very welcome hunni, if can help anyway just shout :) its gets easier as you go along, your body lets you know if your doing it wrong lol just make sure you stick to what your provider tells you in the early weeks ............ its all for a good reason :) hugs all girlies x x x x its really good to have some new banders to 'play' with lol

Good morning peeps!

Great news. Another pound off today. That's five since my op. I'm now 10 days post op

I now weigh 13st 12.5lbs. Total loss of 21lb. That's amazing in less than a month!

Have a girlie lunch today. There are a crowd of us ladies (of a certain age LOL) go away once a year to Drumsynie lodges in argyle - we are due away on 12 September for a long weekend. So today is a wee Drumsynie committee meeting to see who is taking what. Well,
it's actually an excuse for a wee booze up :)

With exception of my best friend Catherine no one knows about my op. Today it is just a pub lunch affair so I can avoid eating, or I may have some soup. I can come up with a reason for not drinking too.

It is going to be difficult though away for 4 days. It will be day 22 when I go. I will need to say I am on strong antibiotics and can't drink and have a careful
L think about my food intake. I can see me living on protein shakes and soup to avoid them seeing me eating puréed food in tiny amounts :-(

So everyone out there. Have a great Saturday xx

Good morning peeps! Great news. Another pound off today. That's five since my op. I'm now 10 days post op I now weigh 13st 12.5lbs. Total loss of 21lb. That's amazing in less than a month! Have a girlie lunch today. There are a crowd of us ladies (of a certain age LOL) go away once a year to Drumsynie lodges in argyle - we are due away on 12 September for a long weekend. So today is a wee Drumsynie committee meeting to see who is taking what. Well, it's actually an excuse for a wee booze up :) With exception of my best friend Catherine no one knows about my op. Today it is just a pub lunch affair so I can avoid eating, or I may have some soup. I can come up with a reason for not drinking too. It is going to be difficult though away for 4 days. It will be day 22 when I go. I will need to say I am on strong antibiotics and can't drink and have a careful L think about my food intake. I can see me living on protein shakes and soup to avoid them seeing me eating puréed food in tiny amounts :-( So everyone out there. Have a great Saturday xx

Well done Kirsty!!!

That's an amazing loss for ur first week and first month!!! :)

Have lovely time today!! :)

I think soup and shakes maybe sensible, and if your on antibiotics they could make u feel sick...hence reason your not eating food xx

Xx

Yey well done thats great loss!! Hey youre a total loser!!!
Im sure you will have a nice day today its exciting planning trips!!

Lost another half pound today :)

Had a great afternoon out with the girlies yesterday. Was out for 4 hours and totally knackered, even though I was just sitting in the pub
I had a bowl of tomato soup and just sipped my still mineral water...felt so smug. Lol

I have found my port!!!! Was brave enough to have a poke about. It is low down just above my belly button. This incision is by far the largest. At least two inches and is still very tender the two on my right side are brilliant and the one higher up on my right side is not too bad at all. But hey it's only 11 days since they had a whole load of instruments poking around inside there

I am actually feeling hungry today so I must be healing well inside the swelling must be going down..thankfully I fill up quickly :)

So have a brilliant Sunday peeps x

Lost another half pound today :)

Had a great afternoon out with the girlies yesterday. Was out for 4 hours and totally knackered, even though I was just sitting in the pub
I had a bowl of tomato soup and just sipped my still mineral water...felt so smug. Lol

I have found my port!!!! Was brave enough to have a poke about. It is low down just above my belly button. This incision is by far the largest. At least two inches and is still very tender the two on my right side are brilliant and the one higher up on my right side is not too bad at all. But hey it's only 11 days since they had a whole load of instruments poking around inside there

I am actually feeling hungry today so I must be healing well inside the swelling must be going down..thankfully I fill up quickly :)

So have a brilliant Sunday peeps x

Woo thats brilliant Kirsty!! Welldone on sticking to your tomato soup!! xxx

Oh im scared to poke about my wounds but im sure its the large one! :)

I felt a little more hungry yesterday, but kept myself occupied and sipping water to break up the time.

I dont have many plans for today, just chilling!! xx

Back