• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi, I'm Kirsty, banded August 2014. My post op dairy

Wow Kirsty cant wait to get a fill. Although im not eating enough in my main meals I still could snack all day because the restriction is lessening as the weeks go by.

A wee bit rubbish at the moment. Stalled for almost a week. Went out this afternoon and had two glasses of wine and two bags of
Bobby's peanuts. Feeling a bit nauseous and disgusted with myself :-(

Hope to get back on track tomorrow

How are you doing Karina ?

A moment of weakness, dont be disheartened, my weight loss has dropped off too but my clothes tell it all...keep positive and stick with your good foods.
Thankfully i dont drink so im not have calories in alcohol..
Keep posting what you are eating here...

Ah Karina...I don't see me being a drinker n the future :-(

I feel very hung over this evening. It was a learning experience. One not to be repeated for a long time

We have friends coming to the van next weekend. They are party people lol. Lindsay and I spoke about it and we came up with the idea that a bailies and a coffee could last me hours and not involve eating. Wine is too wet and in The past has always involved nibbles. Old habits die hard lol

So given myself a stern talking to and will be back on track tomorrow.

We are going up to our local for a breakfast. Mine will be scrambled egg and I might even try a slice of crispy bacon :)

That should come in around 350 cals...and loads of protein and no carbs

Thanks babe x

Had a much better day food wise today

Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled, 2 rashers of bacon, a half tomato = 435 calories/6g carbs

Lunch: 2 laughing cow light triangles, 1 slice roast beef = 86 calories/3g carbs

Dinner: slice poached haddock, lemon and butter sauce, boiled broccoli and celery = 175 calories/14 carbs

Total: calories 696. Carbs 23g

I am concerned that I can actually sit down to two eggs and two rashers of bacon. Then a slice of fish with a plate of veg. I thought with a band I would only be able to eat tiny amounts. I do feel nice and full but not in anyway uncomfortable

Bought a size 14 dress for my holiday in December. Only picked it up because I really lived it and I had one like it years ago but actually wore it out Lol. The under layer is jersey and stretchy with layers of a floaty material on top. I tried it on and the jersey layer was very very tight but even if it gets really loose it will still sit lovely. Woo hoo a wee black cocktail dress for Xmas abroad

That's me took my last bag of size 22 and 24 clothes to the charity shop. I'm sitting at a nice loose 20 right now :)

I tried on a really special dress size 20 that has been in my wardrobe for 4 years. I bought it for a posh wedding wedding at lodge on the loch (lomond) being attended by my husbands family and ex. and by the time the wedding came round it was too tight. Two weeks ago it was perfect. Today it is getting too big and I was planning to wear it to a wedding on 1st November. It has a gorgeous wrap with it and cost an arm and a leg. This is one item that may be worth being altered. It is a gorgeous coloured mushroom silky material with a black pattern voil layer over the top

So I suppose this is a good problem to have :)

I have never been fashion conscious and have always bough quality items that I can have in my wardrobe for years. It has broken my heart to let all these lovely clothes go especially as I have been replacing them with tops from asda and tesco as I don't want to spend any money for things that won't fit in a months time

So onwards and upwards peeps xx
things that might not fit me in a months time lol

I am finding it hard to reconcile what my fit bit is telling me with common sense regarding calorie deficit. I trawled the net to try to find some answers and found an article that Tara Gudis, a spokeswoman for the American dietetics association, wrote for a woman's magazine that I felt was easy to understand but states the same as many other sites - but simply

As a rough guide.....find out how many calories your bodies needs for your day to day needs.

- for each pound of your weight, multiply by 10lbs. This is the amount of calories you need daily (for a sedentary life)
- to loss 2lb a week requires a 1000 daily deficit

So.......

I am around 185lbs. Therefore my body needs 1'850 calories a day at the moment

To give me a 1000 calorie daily deficit, I can only eat 850 calories a day

If I want to eat 10000 calories a day, I will have to burn off at least 150 calories in exercise

This makes more sense to me. My fit bit is telling me that yesterday I ate 696 calories. I burned 1370 calories and I am still 326 calories over!!!!! Nonsense!!!

Perhaps I don't have my fit bit set up correctly but my fitness pal told me I had burned off 350 calories walking, I ate 696 calories, so I had actually burned off half the calories I had eaten by walking that was before taking into account my 1000 deficit on my daily needs..........confused? Me to lol

Consider the tables for the 'average person' daily calorific requirements. (Listed on food packaging etc) It's 2500 for a man and 2000 for a woman

I used to go to the nurse to get weighed many years ago and I was on 1800 calories a day and lost at least 1lb a week. Folks on weight watchers and slimming world etc get to eat between 1000 and 1500 a day for a loss of 1lb to 2lb a week...I just think the fitbit figure for me is crazy. I would love to figure out how to set it up to reflect a more realistic calorific balance? If anyone knows how to do this can they post. Cheers

:) :) :)

Feeling slightly more relieved now

Oh thats interesting...so i now weigh 151lbs so i need 1500 calories so minus the 1000 means i need 500 a day...bloody hell that womens a slave driver....no wonder i couldnt lose weight before!!!! Having most of my stomach removed means i can stick to 500 cals a day... WLS is the answer!!! Lol
So my husband weighs 19st so he needs 2660 a day minus the 1000 so 1660, i will tell him....he wants to lose a few stone!

Its nice getting in to our old clothes again, im ploughing through mine, its great...

Karina...if you do a bit of calorie burning you could get that figure up. I don't think anyone could survive on 500 cals a day long term.

To loss 1lb a week you only need a 500 a day deficit

As I say the diet clubbers all loss if they stick to the diets. Which are 1000 to 1500 a day. So that base figure of the calories you require is really just for maintaining life lol. Not being energetic

Speaking of which I am off swimming now

Lol oh this is great...well im managing to sustain life and walk so I must be doing well!!!
Well im not weighing in again until Friday so fingers crossed for a loss again.

Gotten me all confused now LOL I have just literally clipped my fitbit to me and it reads that i've burnt 848 thats just being....... I've got it set so i earn my burn rather than it working it out on an average. Based on that info it says i can eat 910 cals (that will change thru day obviously) assuming i only eat 910 today i need my burn to read -1910 to get my -2lb loss but i need to do this everyday religiously ......... of course the fitbit wont be dead on accurate its working on the info you give it.... ie... weight age etc but its worked spot on so far for me :)
I have mine set to earn my burn rather than it working it out for me...... plus i have it set to the hard food plan which is the -1000
I agree what you say about ww and other slimming clubs??? not sure it don't seem to add up ???
I know for sure that 1lb = 3500 cals so if you eat -3500 cals a week you will lose 1lb..... if you eat an extra 3500 cals a week you will gain 1lb so just 500 cals more than you need a day will see a gain.

Blimey got my head all of a twist now LOL enjoy your swim x x x x

Hey Kirsty! So let me get this right...if I'm 257lbs now I need to times that by 10 --2570cals less 1000 to get 1570 needs a day!? I'm defo under 1000 a day so technically I should be 2.5lb a week loss lol xx Enjoy swimming xxx

You should be Kate moss next week xxxx

Lol oh brilliant, so i walked twice today, first for 40 mins then for 20 mins, i walked at a speed of 3 mph and walked at a gradient of 15 % for 50% of my walk, my dog pulled me for one hundred metres and he weighs 40kgs. So how many calories did i burn..answers on a postcard..

Eh... Karina 280 cals for sure lol. (Or 42...as that's the answer to life the universe and everything) according to the hitch hikers guide to the galaxy lol

Back