• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Horrible mouth?

vickylou

Is it just me? Since I started the pre op diet and worse since surgery, I have had a rank mouth, bad breath and when I wake up in the morning my mouth is dry as hell and tongue is all craked, I have to brush my teeth extra during the day sometimes.

Is it just me being rank for some reason?

Yes I was the same and still suffer from it but less extreme I drink a lot of milky coffees now so that's why I do now it's horrendous when doing te pre op but it's worth it x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Its horrible isnt it, but normal and will pass for me it lasted about 2/3 wks n started about a wk or 2 post op. I bought a fresh breathe spray to carry with me because it was really bad and I was really paranoid about it xx

I got it from post op for s little while, i always felt dehydrated post op even though i was sipping all the time. It passes though x

I hope so, does any1 know why it happens?

I think it something to do with lack of carbs or was it solid foods I did read on line wen my mouth was like that but can't remember am useless ha xx

I hope so, does any1 know why it happens?

Any low carb diet kicks the body into ketosis.

It is then the presence of extra ketones in the body (on their way to being flushed out) which causes the bad breath.

Several diets have this effect: Atkins, Lighter Life, Cambridge Diet and most pre-op diets (low carb)

If you google "ketosis bad breath" you will find more.

ketosis is when your body is using fat for energy, theres more to it than that, but thats basically it xxx

Back