• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How much could you eat 3 weeks post-op?

PinkyButtonz

I'm a bit concerned, I'm almost 3 weeks post-op and wondering if my pouch is bigger than some. I'm at the pureed stage, for breakfast I have a whole Oatabix (like weetabix) with plenty of milk. If I'm honest I could eat more but never do, as I feel I should be satisfied. I read of others only managing a couple of table spoons at lunch & dinner. I can seem to manage more with no discomfort.

I haven't been weighed since my op but feel like I've lost little or nothing since I left the hospital. I have an appointment with the bariatric nurse on Tuesday, then I'll get weighed.

Pinky xx

Hi Pinky,

Didnt want to read and run.

Im 3 weekspost op but still on thicker fluids I think im behind everyone else suffered badly with wind and bloating.

Anyway to your question I have been told at this stage you are very unlikely to stretch your pouch and if you overeat you will just bring it back up.

Can I just ask are u managing to keep your fluids up now your on pureed?

I have struggled a bit with water but getting better each day. I have my pureed food fairly runny with gravy or cheese sauce.

I've had a couple of bad days with trapped wind and usually eat little to nothing.

I don't think I have stretched my pouch I just wonder how big the surgeon made it.

Hi Pinky,

At this stage if your food is still very runny you will not feel restriction as it just goes straight through and doesnt sit in the pouch.

I had the same worries as you but as soon as you get on to more solid food you will feel restriction after a couple of tiny bites. Trust me!

Thanks Sam,

Your have put my mind at rest.

Pinky xx

Hi Pinky,

At this stage if your food is still very runny you will not feel restriction as it just goes straight through and doesnt sit in the pouch.

I had the same worries as you but as soon as you get on to more solid food you will feel restriction after a couple of tiny bites. Trust me!

Heya Pinky

I am still struggling to have breakfast, it seems the one habit of a lifetime Im finding hard to break..skipping breakfast!

I keep thinking the same thing about my pouch, sometimes I am eating something I really am enjoying and I make myself stop eating it even though inside I feel like I could handle more. Ive only been hungry once though and that was because we were out and I had missed a mealtime. The food I am having is getting more solid, like chewing a crab stick to death instead of blitzing it. I can manage 3 crabsticks and cannot work out if this is a good or bad thing either lol. If I have some fruit for dessert I can only manage half a small baby jar for example at most but that is after eating the lunch part first.

Have you bought yourself small bowls to eat from or side plates as often it can be psycholigical hunger if you are using a larger dish that looks bereft of food.

Also I started making my meals a little bit thicker last week, which is the stage you are at now, so maybe thats what you need to do.

Hope everything else is ok with you Pinky, Take care Xx

Back