• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I need help

kanky

I'm so sorry if this is tmi but I need help.
I got my sleeve on Thursday and everything was ok except from bad reaction to the anaesthetic and couldn't keep anything down for 36 hours. I got home from hospital on Sunday and the trapped wind is horrible! I've been doing everything they told me like mobilising and taking my tablets/fluid but it just won't shift. I haven't even had a BM since the morning of my op and im in agony. I've been given lactulose syrup but every time I take it I vomit.

Is there anything anyone can suggest?

Thanks

So sorry to hear of your discomfort did they give you any peppermint to sip for the wind? The walking about will in time help with the wind as for bm I had the same thing it was so painful I was nearly in tears I had to take prune juice and dulcolax (from asda but can get at any good chemists) and togther it worked but I never want to go thru that again
wish you better soon

So sorry to hear of your discomfort did they give you any peppermint to sip for the wind? The walking about will in time help with the wind as for bm I had the same thing it was so painful I was nearly in tears I had to take prune juice and dulcolax (from asda but can get at any good chemists) and togther it worked but I never want to go thru that again wish you better soon

It's finally passing now :) they never gave me peppermint for the wind but I was just told to up and move as much as possible. I've spoke to my gp and she's giving me a different form of laxative style thing to take so hopefully it works.

Weighed myself today and I've lost 13 in a week :)

It's finally passing now :) they never gave me peppermint for the wind but I was just told to up and move as much as possible. I've spoke to my gp and she's giving me a different form of laxative style thing to take so hopefully it works.

I guess the weight loss is the silver lining but I hope you feel better soon. Constipation is a biatch. Yes walking and peppermint tea was what helped me after my band.
Take care :)

Not sure how this post went in the wrong thread app must be buggy, it was meant for my diary.

Sorry cant delete it :(

Attachments

• image-3652570781.jpg
    image-3652570781.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 24
hi kanky
I guess once you have had a "clear out"(!) you would have lost another pound or 2 !
wishing you better

Hi kanky. It's great that you're getting better. How are you doing now? 13 in a week is amazing!!!! Keep up the good work and keep losing. :)

Back