• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I want to maintain, I want to get off the roller coaster!

simplylucy

I've had an amazing ride on the roller coaster of weight loss but now it's my turn to get off!!!!!

I can't though, no matter what I try the pounds keep disappearing.

I know I've not been well, I've just had appendicitis, but I've lost another stone since becoming ill 3 weeks ago.

I'm eating well again now, drinking milky drinks (not skinny ones).

I'm drinking with meals to wash more down, eating slider foods, having 6 meals a day. I also have fortisip on prescription and have 2 a day at 300 calories each.

I dump horrendously so have to avoid sugar at all costs.

I've upped my carbs.

I just don't know what else to do, my BMI is down to 22 something now and would be even lower without my excess skin.

My size 8's are hanging off me, I'm a size 6 now really.

Help, make it stop. I'm looking skinny and I don't much like it. :rolleyes:

I have the same problem Lucy.
I only lost 1lb Sept, nothing in Oct, and then lost 7lb in November and another 1lb last week
I look forward to the week when I either stay the same or put a pound on :eek:
Never thought I would worry about losing too much weight and hoping to gain a pound or 2
My tummy tuck has been cancelled til February and I am woried that my BMI will fall too low and they will pull funding

Thanks for your reply Wendy.

What sort of things are you eating now? I have loads of restriction still so sometimes get full on 2 mouthfulls unless I have slider foods.

It's a huge head battle switching to full fat spreads, milk, etc. After years of "diet" food it's hard to accept I now need the not so healthy option.

I also struggle with things like yoghurt. The full fat ones are too high in sugar, I find one with low enough sugar and it's a fat free one that's low in calories! Nightmare.

My sympathies to you both. It's still a huge learning curve at the other end of the journey for those (quite few) of us who keep on losing. I somehow don't think I'll be one as my loss has slowed down already.
To up your calories and keep to 'good' fats try nuts and full fat cheeses. Nuts have an amazing amount of calories in, are great for protein and go down really well. I've had to banish peanut butter from the house ( the Whole Earth one had no added sugar) and adding cheese,to everything, whilst high in fat is again good for protein and calcium. Dark chocolate could be added to your list too as it's apparently a Super Food. Don't know what's super about it though as I didn't read the article as the last thing I need is someone telling me chocolate is good for me lol ! You both probably know this already so don't need me to tell you but it's all I can think of.
Good luck both xx

Last edited:
Drinking with meals will increase your malabsorption issues honey as the food passes through your intestine quicker when its wet. You should try to eat more meals rather than eating more each meal, though I know its not easy.

One thing that has helped me with my now chronic malabsorption is Creon 4000. Its an enzyme that helps you digest the food so you get more nutrients from it. I know my case is a heck of a lot different to yours hun but you could ask your doctor or NUT if it might help you.

The real expert on this is Shellbell, she has this down pat and I know she will be here with some great advice for you soon, if she misses this thread though give her a tug she's great at this stuff

I've been loitering, but haven't posted as i've been helping (hopefully) by pm's.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thanks for your reply Wendy.

What sort of things are you eating now? I have loads of restriction still so sometimes get full on 2 mouthfulls unless I have slider foods.

It's a huge head battle switching to full fat spreads, milk, etc. After years of "diet" food it's hard to accept I now need the not so healthy option.

I also struggle with things like yoghurt. The full fat ones are too high in sugar, I find one with low enough sugar and it's a fat free one that's low in calories! Nightmare.

I have trouble with yogurts I feel full after 2 teaspoons.
I have stuck to semi skimmed milk and butter all the way through.
I do feel a lot of restriction . My hubby has noticed that I eat more at Sunday dinner than I do the rest of the week :D but I can't have a roast dinner every day can I.
I am off for a meal out with the out laws tonight and am wondering how that will go.
I have trouble eating when its just the hubby and my 8 year old, and I know that everything that passes my lips will be noted and commented on tonight.

I do try to eat everything but onions, yogurt and eggs are a struggle.
I can and do have a small amount of chocolate (life isn't worth living without it) but anything with a crispy shell like smarties puts me on my back :rolleyes:

Sounds quite scary!!

I totally agree my out laws are very scary :rotflmao::rotflmao:

I very little to do with either the out laws or my own family.
My brother in law kept looking at me I think he is quiet shocked as I haven't seen him for nearly 18 months (he was a big bloke and is even bigger now) but no-one said anything :D.

In fact I had a kids pudding and ate it all BIL sat with his mouth open :eek: :whistle::rotflmao:

hi as karlos says shellbell is the one to ask about this,
she has the same trouble trying to mentaine her weight
all you have to do is ask
and shell will be very helpfull
good luck laides i cannot begin to feel how hard this is
for you both. xxx

Back