• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Im Pre-Op.. But...

Hi Marie

As far as I know ALL bands are fitted laparascopicaly so dont worry. You have marked your post lap band but some of the lovely bypassers have offered some advice, however the recovery time for a bander is a lot less than an open bypass.

I would advise to be cautious with lifting for a couple of weeks. Everyone is different but I was back at work after a week. I felt a bit more tired than usual during my first week back but I put that down to lack of calories.

Good luck x

Thankyou Mazza..

To be honest the mind set is there, either way for surgery but it was just a :eek: moment! :D

Okay, it all depends on my body and how it want's to cope i suppose..

Day 8 of my pre-op diet (milk).. :sigh: I just want to chew something! my teeth have lost all use!:D

Marie x

Hi Marie
I was back at work after a week but I did notice I was more tired than usual. I think the advice about listen to your body is excellent advice. I would say I was completely back to normal after two weeks but I still didnt do any lifting at that time so just watch picking up the little one.
Soups and slim fast were the only things needed for a while as well as something for the wind! After that I bought one person ready meals of cottage pie, mash, cauliflower cheese, corned beef hash, low fat custard, yoghurt etc for the mushy stage and this wasn't cos I couldnt cook the food but it helped with portion size. A one peron ready meal did me for two or even three meals at the start.
Hope that helps but ask away if you have any questions
Best wishes
Jo XX

Yes i do love the fact that after surgery you and your body start to have a better relationship, rather than pre-op where i didnt care from throat down.. But since starting to do the pre-op and taking on the mind set of surgery i began to work with it..

Okay, soups and slim fast.. How long did that period last for?

Oh i see, well thats a very useful insight.. thankyou jo!

Marie x

Hi Marie, I had band surgery almost 4 weeks ago. I still take slim-fast into work as its easier for me as a breakfast, and have nowhere to prepare other foods. I also have bottles of water and s/f juice to keep up my liquid intake.

Another thing I take is a protein drink, which after surgery is useful for giving the extra boost you need.

Soups are always useful, can`t have too many as at this time of year its nice to have something warming to come home to.

I think everyone else has really covered your concerns, so all I can say is you have just one week to go; so Good Luck to you hun x

Love and Best Wishes Kat x

Hi Marie, I had band surgery almost 4 weeks ago. I still take slim-fast into work as its easier for me as a breakfast, and have nowhere to prepare other foods. I also have bottles of water and s/f juice to keep up my liquid intake.

Another thing I take is a protein drink, which after surgery is useful for giving the extra boost you need.

Soups are always useful, can`t have too many as at this time of year its nice to have something warming to come home to.

I think everyone else has really covered your concerns, so all I can say is you have just one week to go; so Good Luck to you hun x

Love and Best Wishes Kat x

Thank you Kat!

Its nice to hear advice of someone new to the surgery and where they are at.. i love the information given to me by everyone and at all different scales..

Can i ask Kat, What protein shake you have?

Marie x

Hi again Marie - sorry did`nt answer you`re question earlier, either work or other annoying things get in the way of keeping updated with threads on here.

Protein drink I take is Protein shot (fruit blast) 25g.

Comes in a plastic tube, pretty sure I saw it advertised on this site at the top of the page, I ordered I think about 35 or 36 as it was cheaper than buying individually.

Taste took a bit of getting used to at beginning, but am now used to it.

Cost £1.25 each discount for larger orders.

Google in Discount Supplements and have a look for yourself. :)

Love Kat x

Back