• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

is this.......?

salski

Dumping syndrome?

I am 6 and a half months post op and have so far not felt the full blow of dumping syndrome, however this morning, for breakfast I had a bowl of porridge and rather than adding sugar, I added honey, about 20 mins after eating I went ridiculously dizzy and then began to sweat, shake, feel sick, tired, and cold. My legs and arms turned to jelly and I couldnt walk - I felt like I needed to eat stodge like bread or potatoe, but ended up drinking loads of water and going to bed. Ive come down, been sick, have a belly ache and feel like I need the loo (number 2)

Is this normal? Or is this the dreaded dumping syndrome? Will I feel better later?

Thanks

Sally

oh dear hun sounds like dumping to me, i had the same feeling last night after eating some honey loops :eek:. It's not very nice is it, at least now you know what it feels like you can try and avoid it, i find it usually passes quite quickly if i lie down and try to relax.
I hope you feel better soon
Sharon

That sounds like classic dumping syndrome! Yes, you'll be fine. The tummy ache may turn into something a bit more urgent but after that you should be ok. Poor ol' you. I hope you feel better soon. Mxx

Welcome to the dumping club Sal! Avooooooooid honey like the plague! Got me once aswell. xxx

Haha - thought I would have been better on honey rather than sugar! Huh!

Either way...the feeling that Im going to die has subsided substantially hahahah

I am on the lash tonight so glad it wont be with me all day! Hahaha

Thanks

Sal x

Oh No!!
Sounds awfull. :eek:
Lets hope u dont get it again.
Like Mark said, at least u know what to avoid now
*STEP AWAY FROM THE HONEY!* :D

Take Care. x

ROFL shell! Yeah - honey is outta the window!

Tah for sweetner suggestion Carole - I do have some so I have no excuse! Hahaha

Sally x

Hope the symptoms have eased off now hun and ur starting to feel a bit better xxx

Ok - 3 number 2's and a food craving ALL day and now Im dressed to impressed and ready to go out...I look and feel great - which is not often these days :D

Ahh, Sal you dumped fullblown style. Sorry you had that happen but honey is tricky, I remember someone else who had never dumped but did with honey. I have never big time dumped as of yet but I have gotten a little dizzy after a couple of sips of s smoothie and once I had some pastry that made need a nap. Those are what are called pre-dumping or mild dumping. Not fun so I imagine the real deal would be terrible.

Anyway, enjoy yourself tonight, and party like a rockstar!

Nic:p

Enjoy your comedy club Sal, glad your up for it after the horrid dumping.....

Me i can't wait to dump. Not cos i'm masochistic but because it will mean i've had my op!

Don't forget to post the silly pics of you all drunk xx

Hiya sal, Me Too!! was cocky cause Ime 4 months post op and I have never dumped. But the other week after our sunday dinner hubby wanted jam roly poly with custard, So Lil O Me wanted a bit also. My god was I Ill I didnt have the loo bit but I was as sick as a bl**dy dog then slept for 4 hours lol Gail.x P.s Might try some spotted richard (Dick) & L/F custard thats the new name for it by the way lol this week.

Hi Sal, sorry you had such a bad experience, but thanks for letting us know so we can avoid or at least be careful of honey.

Oh Sal poor you i've not had that pleasure yet i'll just stick to my apple and blackberry porridge! Glad you are feeling better though have a good night out xx

Allie, I amazed to read that a Scot would even consider corrupting their oats with apple or blackberry. You'll be saying you have milk in it next. :D;)

John xx

Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience of dumping but i am gonna earn from you and definatley gonna stay away from honey.

Hope you ok though. Speak to you soon!

Haha - I also forgot to add that I stupidly put non diabetic (normally go for very low sugar) jam on my toast on Sat morning and had another bout! Hahahaha - who is the dopiest coq known to all of human kind?! Yep - Sally! Hahaha

How is everybody?
How are you Nat? x

Back