• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

just committed my self :)

Kimboski

Hi All,

I'm a 42 year old chap who's finally decided, after many years, to go ahead with a gastric sleeve on the 18th of this month :wave_cry:

Nervous??? VERY :), but hope this is a new begining for me.

Really look forward to getting to know you.

Kim

Hi Kim and welcome to the site :) Are you starting a pre-op diet soon - if not started already? Anyway, best of luck on your weight loss journey.

Good luck! I was sleeved 10 weeks ago and has been amazing decision! Ask any questions to us and keep us posted!

Hi and welcome x

Hi and welcome. I had my sleeve done on December 27th. I feel great and have lost 35.3 lbs already and feel a hell of a lot different. Good luck!

Sent from my M886 using WLSurgery

Hi and Welcome Kim :)

Hi Kim welcome to the forum. I am toohaving the sleeve just waiting for my op date to come through. Good Luck x

Hi Kim,

Welcome to WLS and hope all goes well with your op on 18th Feb!

Best wishes
Sharon

Hi! Know just how nervous you feel, saturday just two weeks ago it was me waiting to go down to theatre. Any questions about the actual op or very early days recovery I'm happy to answer although by reading other posts it sounds like everyone's provider does different things, prescribes different drugs for varying lengths of time postoperatively and recommend different post op diets! Still I can tell you about my experience if it helps at all.
For background I'm 38, female, young baby (15 months) and husband, im a midwife, and started my journey at 333lbs on jan 2nd 2013 with the pre-op diet (if I ignore the previous 28 years efforts to lose weight!) i went private after the NHS route proved tortuous and patronising. Im now 300lbs - really happy with the weight loss preop 14lbs and post op 19lbs in a fortnight!

You must be getting excited! Xx

Hi Kim. Good luck with your forhcoming op. I'm 2 weeks post surgery (sleeve with fobi ring at Spire Southampton) and have already lost 2st 2lbs in toal since starting the pre diet on 10th January. I haven't had an complications but have always had difficulty with anaesthetics and opiate pain relief so I didn't sail through the hospital bit like lots of people seem to. However, I was discharged 4 days later and have got better and stronger by the day until I now just feel damned excited for my future and very grateful that I was able to go ahead within a relatively short time of making my decision. I haven't had any sickness since coming home which I attribute to being able to when I am "full". Good luck gain. : )

Back