• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just joined - north east

That has turned my stomach :( just re read letter and it is provisional. They want to read gp's letter first. I'm abs devastated that I could be sent another letter saying I don't qualify. Thank you so much for all your help. It's only been a week or two since I had letter. So it's going to be a long month or door watching now :/ thanks again xxx

Just read your diary sjwood when I searched Sunderland and now realise I could get the funding but then knocked back at the mdt(think that it's that) meeting?! Oh I thought my anxiety was under control lol it's a bit high now. Thought once u got the funding that that would be it unless you had massive reasons to not be allowed it like you would die if you had the surgery!? It's going to be a long road of uncertainty :( xxx

That has turned my stomach :( just re read letter and it is provisional. They want to read gp's letter first. I'm abs devastated that I could be sent another letter saying I don't qualify. Thank you so much for all your help. It's only been a week or two since I had letter. So it's going to be a long month or door watching now :/ thanks again xxx

Ooh I'm sorry if I've put a downer on your excitement you will get the funding it's the mdt meeting that they will decide if your health is too much of a risk the nurse told me that's the only way you would get refused we've all been through what your going through its not nice I still am feeling that way till my op comes I won't believe it's happening it's normal to feel the way you are xx

Ah your very thoughtful thank you. I just have to keep focused and reapply I suppose. I won't give up if I do get a letter saying I can't attend seminar. I will keep at it. And jump through all their hoops. If they confirm I can attend then I have more confidence thanks to your posts. I'm just going to try stay calm and carry on with what I'm doing. Thank you xxx

Ah your very thoughtful thank you. I just have to keep focused and reapply I suppose. I won't give up if I do get a letter saying I can't attend seminar. I will keep at it. And jump through all their hoops. If they confirm I can attend then I have more confidence thanks to your posts. I'm just going to try stay calm and carry on with what I'm doing. Thank you xxx

Try not to stress to much in sure you will get to that seminar xx

Have been reading through your posts Nicnac, as SJS says just take a breath, you are at the start of the journey and I think we have all experienced the feelings you are having now. You will have lots of questions answered at the seminar I found mine really good and it turned out mine was done by my eventual surgeon Mr Mahawar so the info comes from the very top.

Once you start the appointments at Sunderland all they are looking for is commitment from you throughout the process and I think its quiet obvious from what I have read you are committed already.

Please don't overthink everything at this stage or you'll drive yourself up the wall and if your anything like me back to bad food choices. So relax a little, be excited not anxious and it will make the whole experience just a little bit easier.

Thank you for your lovely reply I really appreciate it. There is nothing I can do until I get confirmation I suppose so your right I should just take a deep breath and be patient. Xxx

Yeah totally. I keep looking at it. It's came in a perforated sort of weird envelope i expected a proper envelope with a letter inside with maybe the referral letter from gp but I suppose I have to trust what she wrote was great I guess as it got me the seminar invite. Xxx

Yeah totally. I keep looking at it. It's came in a perforated sort of weird envelope i expected a proper envelope with a letter inside with maybe the referral letter from gp but I suppose I have to trust what she wrote was great I guess as it got me the seminar invite. Xxx

All your appointments will come like that mine did anyway I'm happy you've got it it horrible when your left wondering xx

Mine were like that as well, where is your seminar being held Nicnac ?

That's easy to get to then, right beside the big car park.

I'm really excited about it. I'm still waiting on my sleep study appointment in post as well but this was the letter I was not leaving the house for lol xxx

Had my sleep apnoea app and she set up a sleep machine straight away for me to take home. I handed it back today and she said will take about 2 weeks for results. Also saw my cpn and talked about my mental health. He said he will vouch for me so much that he would like me to become a peer support worker as he feels I'm in a really good place and mentally stable. I hope the hospital psychologists agree with my psychologist and cpn. Hope everyone is well. I had my seminar in Dec 6th and I'm still awaiting my next appointment. Time is dragging :(

Back