• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Keytone sticks??

I saw a post on here earlier about using keytone sticks to test how you're doing on the pre op diet but I can't find it!

My grandad had some as he diabetics I took the last few of his old pot. Just wondering what I need to look for! Is it high ketone levels?

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I've got an unused packet .... from my CD days.

If you're in ketosis, it'll be a pink to dark purple colour

Hi
I purchased the sticks today from Boots. The idea is if you are on a high protein, low carb or no carb (Atkins), you would enter Ketosis.
On the sticks you would want the dark colour which is a positive reading to mean that you are in Ketosis and there are high levels of Keytones in your urine.
Hope that helps.

Thanks. Just used one and was negative so almost panicked but just read online that if you been exercising or working etc then you shouldn't do it for a few hrs as your body will use the keytones!
Will try again in the morning. Fingers crossed!!!

Hi
I purchased the sticks today from Boots. The idea is if you are on a high protein, low carb or no carb (Atkins), you would enter Ketosis.
On the sticks you would want the dark colour which is a positive reading to mean that you are in Ketosis and there are high levels of Keytones in your urine.
Hope that helps.

Thanks. Just used one and was negative so almost panicked but just read online that if you been exercising or working etc then you shouldn't do it for a few hrs as your body will use the keytones!
Will try again in the morning. Fingers crossed!!!

If it's slighty pink you're in ketosis.

If it's dark purple/pink you're in ketosis.

It doesn't matter about the darkness of the pink.

If anything dark pink may indicate dehydration.

Exercising sends you into ketosis quicker.

Whoop whoop AM IN KETOSIS!!!! lol

Back