• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Light Headed

Peterborough Guy

Luton and Dunstable
Is it just me, or does anyone else go light headed just for a few seconds when I get up from being sat down for a while.

I have had my blood pressure checked and it is on the high side so its not my blood pressure, but I have only been aware of this since I had the bypass!

I get this, but it is blood pressure related with me. My blood pressure is low since I lost weight and if I get up too quickly I go all light headed and dizzy. I have to pace myself when I get up in the morning and go from lying to sitting before I dare stand up... I did faint once when rushing.

I dont know what other explanation there is, other than BP. Sorry, but Im sure someone will know what else can cause this.

Yes me!!!! I thought it was just me!! Glad you asked pg!

Sent from my Galaxy SII using WLSurgery

Btw had my blood pressure checked twice recently and mine is normal... So don't know what it is?

Sent from my Galaxy SII using WLSurgery

I think it may well be blood sugar and blood pressure as I get it sometimes and the fact our bodies are not taking in as much as we used to so when we move quickly there is a lag before our bodies respond with the necessary energy etc.

Is it just me, or does anyone else go light headed just for a few seconds when I get up from being sat down for a while.

I have had my blood pressure checked and it is on the high side so its not my blood pressure, but I have only been aware of this since I had the bypass!

Hiya PG. I have been feeling a little bit like this when I get up out of bed or rush around a bit (well as much as I can without feeling shattered at the moment.) I am seeing the GP in Tuesday as I think that I may need my Vit B12 injection and have looked up the symptoms of anaemia and this is one of them plus feeling tired. Just a thought. xx :D

Hi Gary, I think it may be time to come off or reduce your blood pressure meds. Blood pressure fluctuates massively so could be when you are at rest it is falling even though when you have it checked at the doctors it is OK. Do you have a BP monitor at home? Rarely when you go to see your doctor are you rested enough for it to drop but when at home it is different & getting dizzy when jumping up quick after resting is classic for low pressure. Hope you sort it soon, hunni xxx :):)

Hiya PG. I have been feeling a little bit like this when I get up out of bed or rush around a bit (well as much as I can without feeling shattered at the moment.) I am seeing the GP in Tuesday as I think that I may need my Vit B12 injection and have looked up the symptoms of anaemia and this is one of them plus feeling tired. Just a thought. xx :D

Just had my B12 after 3 months, and made no difference to me :(

I had this for a while and its because when you were bigger it took longer to get up but now you get up quicker and the body doesnt catch up, i know it sounds daft but thats what i was told.

I think this might low blood sugar more than anything else. I get this too and its always when my blood has gone down to 3 or 4. Were you diabetic before the op?

Hope you get it sorted out mate

Take care

Andy

Sounds like postural hypotension, I've had this over 20 years but it got worse post op. You need to have your bp measured at rest and then upon standing. Basically, everyone's bp drops when you stand up, with PH this drop is too much causing a spell of dizziness and occasionally blacking out. Try to get up slower to prevent it, if it comes on take regular deep breaths and steady yourself.

You will adapt to getting up slower, but I still faint a few times a month because I forget.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Sounds like postural hypotension, I've had this over 20 years but it got worse post op. You need to have your bp measured at rest and then upon standing. Basically, everyone's bp drops when you stand up, with PH this drop is too much causing a spell of dizziness and occasionally blacking out. Try to get up slower to prevent it, if it comes on take regular deep breaths and steady yourself.

You will adapt to getting up slower, but I still faint a few times a month because I forget.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thanks Shel, I am due for a medication review soon, so will get the doctor to do my BP then, I normally hang on to the wall if I go light headed, but it only lasts for a few seconds.

i'n getting like this for a while now but today was my first white/blackout i was checking the other halfs car tyres then i stood up (not too fast) then i felt dizzy then all i can describe it as was a net curtain being flashed before my eyes then bang i fell onto the car ..............she was more shaken than me but hopefully things will start getting better

i'n getting like this for a while now but today was my first white/blackout i was checking the other halfs car tyres then i stood up (not too fast) then i felt dizzy then all i can describe it as was a net curtain being flashed before my eyes then bang i fell onto the car ..............she was more shaken than me but hopefully things will start getting better

Blimey mate, ive not been that bad, best you go and get checked out mate.

Back