• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

light headed

Sambucca

Hello :)

A few times in the last week or so I have been feeling very light headed, particularly if I stand up suddenly and have had to sit down to stop myself falling down.

Not had any bloods done recently, and it might be worth me getting the GP to do them, but has anyone else experienced this or have any ideas about what might cause it?

Same here. Had my BP and bloods done last week because of it. My BP was a little low and the nurse said it was probably postural hypotension, so i have an appointment with the doc on Monday. I am also prone to anaemia too, so will wait for those results to come back.

Also Sam i know you're pretty good with the old fluids ;) but have you thought with all this extra training you might need more fluids...

I get like this when I haven't drunk enough as Julie said with the extra training you need to up the intake so try that and if no o joy then get GP to do bloods etc x x x

Wow, such quick responses. I will make more effort with the fluids, although I do always have at least 2-3 litres a day and see if there is any improvement.

Thanks everyone. x

I get it all the time honey.

I drink loads, my BP is perfect and my iron levels are fine.

Odd isn't it

xx

Hi, I had that problem and it turned out to be low blood pressure. The GP has reduced my meds. I hope this helps.

Isn't this forum great? So many useful replies so quickly. Fantastic response. I hope you get it sorted soon Sam. xx

Sam I had this for weeks until I had my B12 jab.The doc thought it was anaemia or low bp, but it wasn't :eek:Hope it gets sorted asap xx:D

Thanks again all. Went light headed again when I got out of bed this morning and had to hang on to the bedroom door to stop me falling over. within a few seconds I feel fine again!

Will investigate the symptoms of B12 deficiency - thanks Candy x

Hi sam i was told it was postural hypotension (low blood pressure). No cure for it apart from increased fluids and when going from laying to standing and sitting to standing tak a moment for yr fluid in the old ears to balance out. It does get better and im no where near as bad as i was apart from if i bend over and then stan up quickly.
hth
carole

Last edited:
hi sam i havent had my op yet but i was going dizzy as if i was going to pass out and was told it was high blood pressure am on tablets now (witch i hope to come off after my op )
hope this helps .

If you stand up suddenly you will get a big drop in blood pressure which leaves you feeling dizzy and lightheaded. I get it occasionally.

hi john not at all and yes yr right. have been up since 3 am with little one. in fact since wed eve ive managed the grand total of 15hr sleep. so thankyou will go and change it now.

Thanks again all. Went light headed again when I got out of bed this morning and had to hang on to the bedroom door to stop me falling over. within a few seconds I feel fine again!

Will investigate the symptoms of B12 deficiency - thanks Candy x
Sam that's exactly how I felt before my jab.The nurse at hosp did a bp measurement when I was sitting, then standing, and there wasn't much difference even though both were quite low.My bloods aren't showing low b12, but am having the jabs every 2 months now as am veggie, and the dizziness has stopped a bit:D:D

Thanks Sam for starting this thread, i get this too quite often, i've had all my bloods done last week and all levels are great so i think i'll have to put mine down to lack of fluids as some days aren't as good as others. Hope you get it sorted out Sam and i'll follow the tips that people have kindly left xx

Im getting the fuzzy head a lot just lately. Best get the blood pressure machine out again

Back