• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My sleeve op finally done

I didnt quiet realise it was only 3 days ago too.. (Hence the question mark). Feels like it was ages ago and i am so slow healing! :) :) How are you feeling yourself? Other than breathless? ;)

I feel like I have been punched in the stomach in a boxing ring lol. I guess we are very impatient and want to go back to our normal lives as soon as possible.i am also very emotional at the moment not very good at relying on family as I prefer to get things done by myself. However they have been great especially the kids so no complaints really.
I think the think I am finding the hardest is getting the protein shakes down as my taste buds have really changed and everything tastes disgusting. And I have to force myself to drink.
How are you getting on with the drinking? Xx

I know i dont drink enough. But i am trying to! :) today it felt like the cup with peppermint tea was stuck to my hand :)

I hardly ever drank tea before surgery.. But it seems to be quiet nice atm. It keeps my mouth nicely refreshed (the mintyness) ;)

I should really start measuring my fluid i drink! I might be shocked how little it is.. ;) but i am sipping all the time (just leave a gap before and after food). The mug goes with me everywhere :) and when i went for a walk i took a bottle of water with me.

I had half a pack of ready made complan milkshake (125ml).. Also around 200ml of soup during the day (split in two meals) and 100ml of yogurt with a tiny bit of milk added to it to make it more runny and less sweet. Plain water is no more than 150ml.. And tea (i start with it warm and finish with cold) it should have been around 2 mugs (ill try and measure better tomorrow just out of curiousity). I still have another half of the mug which i am planing to finish before going to bed. :)

I know i dont drink enough. But i am trying to! :) today it felt like the cup with peppermint tea was stuck to my hand :) I hardly ever drank tea before surgery.. But it seems to be quiet nice atm. It keeps my mouth nicely refreshed (the mintyness) ;) I should really start measuring my fluid i drink! I might be shocked how little it is.. ;) but i am sipping all the time (just leave a gap before and after food). The mug goes with me everywhere :) and when i went for a walk i took a bottle of water with me. I had half a pack of ready made complan milkshake (125ml).. Also around 200ml of soup during the day (split in two meals) and 100ml of yogurt with a tiny bit of milk added to it to make it more runny and less sweet. Plain water is no more than 150ml.. And tea (i start with it warm and finish with cold) it should have been around 2 mugs (ill try and measure better tomorrow just out of curiousity). I still have another half of the mug which i am planing to finish before going to bed. :)

You sound like you are doing really well keep up the good work :) it's a good idea measuring fluid I think I will start doing that from tomorrow .

Nite Hun. Xxx

How does everyone tolerate forceval ? Every time I have it I want to puke :(

Nope i have not tried forceval.. But i remember reading here that they were not the nicest thing in the world..

i take centrum chewable ones. They are ok! Could be less sweet for my new taste buds after surgery..

Did you get forceval prescribed by your gp?

Because I'm a vegetarian, I told my GP no Forceval, so we went with Centrum tablets. The first couple were tough to swallow (so big, they felt like they were just sitting there), but they're fine now.

I was on liquid dalivit drops for the first six weeks, I just popped them in squash and it tasted like berrocca. The chewable vitamins are also good at this stage - Centrum or Barretts but they're not strong enough long-term so you'll need to upgrade once you're on solids to a vitamin tablet or capsule like Centrum A-Z or Vita Women (which I prefer, easier to swallow).

For your liquids have you got some ice lollies? They're a nice texture change as you can chew on them! Also those kids frubes yoghurt tubes freeze really well for a protein liquid treat :)

It's such early days and you're doing so well, just keep on sipping! X

I'm 4 days post op and struggling with water intake xx

good luck

Hi andie, feeling breathless is totally normal and im three weeks post op next week and am have not managed a litre of fluid in a day yet so dont worry. At first i was managing 500ml and now im nearly at a litre but not yet. Just keep sipping all day!!

Nope i have not tried forceval.. But i remember reading here that they were not the nicest thing in the world.. i take centrum chewable ones. They are ok! Could be less sweet for my new taste buds after surgery.. Did you get forceval prescribed by your gp?

I got them prescribed by the hospital and was told to take them for a year . Do the centrium chewable go down easy do they melt in your mouth before you can swallow them?
Sorry for the stupid question lol xx

Because I'm a vegetarian, I told my GP no Forceval, so we went with Centrum tablets. The first couple were tough to swallow (so big, they felt like they were just sitting there), but they're fine now.[/QUOTE

Thanks for that I didn't know we could take whole bit tabs at first I'm only 8 days post op xx

I was on liquid dalivit drops for the first six weeks, I just popped them in squash and it tasted like berrocca. The chewable vitamins are also good at this stage - Centrum or Barretts but they're not strong enough long-term so you'll need to upgrade once you're on solids to a vitamin tablet or capsule like Centrum A-Z or Vita Women (which I prefer, easier to swallow). For your liquids have you got some ice lollies? They're a nice texture change as you can chew on them! Also those kids frubes yoghurt tubes freeze really well for a protein liquid treat :) It's such early days and you're doing so well, just keep on sipping! X

Thank you Stacey I can't believe it's been over a week already xx

Hi andie, feeling breathless is totally normal and im three weeks post op next week and am have not managed a litre of fluid in a day yet so dont worry. At first i was managing 500ml and now im nearly at a litre but not yet. Just keep sipping all day!!

Thank you you are right it does get a bit easier every day so bored of the fluids though. I have not had a meal for 5 weeks.
Will all be worth it though xx

I got them prescribed by the hospital and was told to take them for a year . Do the centrium chewable go down easy do they melt in your mouth before you can swallow them?
Sorry for the stupid question lol xx

Yes i just suck on them and they melt in my mouth :)

Thanks for that I didn't know we could take whole bit tabs at first I'm only 8 days post op xx

I was told to start taking them three weeks post op, when I started the purée stage.

Hi everyone

Just need some advice I'm 11 days post op and all I have lost is 3lbs since surgery.
Before surgery I lost 2 stone on the LSD over 4 weeks
Just wondered if I'm doing something wrong?
I start purée stage on Thursday so been on liquid drinks and protein shakes last 11 days ,
Has anybody else experienced this stall?

Thanks

Androulla xx

Back