• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My sleeve op finally done

Androulla

You lost so much so fast on the pre op that I think it's natural to slow down. I was very disappointed in my weight in the first couple of weeks post op. I am 4 weeks tomorrow. Then suddenly the scale drops a couple here and there and I am now 12lbs down post op in four weeks

Also my size is dropping drastically on a weekly basis, more so than showing on the scales. I heard others talking about your body needing to catch up with the scales and I am finding this

Don't be disheartened. Look at the overall picture since the start. It's an amazing amount of weight loss in such a short time xxx

I have lost just under two stones since the 4th August. I am trying to stop weighing myself every day

Hi everyone

Just need some advice I'm 11 days post op and all I have lost is 3lbs since surgery.
Before surgery I lost 2 stone on the LSD over 4 weeks
Just wondered if I'm doing something wrong?
I start purée stage on Thursday so been on liquid drinks and protein shakes last 11 days ,
Has anybody else experienced this stall?

Thanks

Androulla xx

I think its normal. Keep following the plan your team gave you and the weight will drop.

I am going to weight myself tomorrow so we shall see how much i've lost. Dont expect anything as it doesnt feel like any of the weight is gone. I think my problem is as i am not having enough fluids and cals so my body is 'stopping' and hanging on on the things i manage to eat.. But i just cant eat more atm.. Also i have struggles with flavours because Everything is just not tasty.. and whatever sounds good i cant have.. Even started to have juice (1/2juice 1/2 water) to get more cals in..

Hey lovely,

Totally normal for it to slow down - I had little stalls at 3 weeks, 10 weeks, 16 weeks and everytime it's started dropping again. It might be useful to take your measurements as even when the scales don't move the fat does and your body will be shrinking then you can still be happy and track progress in the slower times :)

I find for some weird reason the more I eat the more I lose which is bonkers! After a life time of diets I'm eating and losing although I'm eating much less it still feels odd. Protein, water, exercise, sleep is a fail safe combo.

You'll get there, keep on sipping.
Xx

Thank you ladies your all so lovely and caring you are all probably right with the weight stalls and I don't think I'm taking enough fluids probably half the amount I should be. I really find it hard to force myself to drink more than I can . Thanks for the advice tho feel a bit less worried now xxx

I've found the same thing, I've lost 9 inches of my waist and hips (each) since my op...but the scales have stalled and I was feeling a bit low about it. I'm just waiting for the scales to catch up with my body.

I finally had my op on Thursday after 3 cancellations .i was discharged today and feel a bit battered and bruised apart from that I feel ok.
My consultant said I should be drinking 2 litres of water a day or I will get dehydrated and end up ill but at the moment it is an impossible task to drink all that liquid in one day.
How much were you all drinking in the early days.?

Androulla xx
I did two weeks of the pre op diet then they cancelled my surgery on Friday. I was gutted and couldn't stop crying then they managed to rebook it for this Friday but I'm so afraid they are going to cancel it again. How did you cope with three cancellations?

I did two weeks of the pre op diet then they cancelled my surgery on Friday. I was gutted and couldn't stop crying then they managed to rebook it for this Friday but I'm so afraid they are going to cancel it again. How did you cope with three cancellations?

It was very difficult especially as I had been on the LSD for a month but you have to think it will all be worth it in the end.
Even now being 11 days out I get frustrated because I'm so tired and even though I don't fancy food the head hunger is very strong and I actually get cravings still even though physically there is no way I could eat anything.
Please don't cry you will be fine.it is very frustrating when they cancel .Hopefully they won't do it again
After they cancelled me the second time I called my surgeon secretary and told her how emotionally it had affected me by the cancellation and she assured me it wouldn't happen again.
Maybe you should try that also?
Good luck for Friday which op are you having?

Androulla xx

recovery question Andy

Hi Andy.... hope the big thing happened ha ha and I'm glad my pre - op anxieties abut big things is normal! was wondering if one would get constipated. Ill stock up on post op stuff from chemist.

Anything i should get all?

Also i will need to go back to work on day 8 post op, is this doable all? I'm office based, not told people at work and it was this window of a week or wait till March next year !

Hi Alfie.
You will be fine to go back to work by then. Don't worry xxxx

Hi Andy.... hope the big thing happened ha ha and I'm glad my pre - op anxieties abut big things is normal! was wondering if one would get constipated. Ill stock up on post op stuff from chemist. Anything i should get all? Also i will need to go back to work on day 8 post op, is this doable all? I'm office based, not told people at work and it was this window of a week or wait till March next year !

Hi

Constipation is apparently normal after the op until your back on solids properly, I have seen my gp and all he would give me was lactulose and it did eventually work.? after 2 weeks may I add.
If you are office based you should be ok but it all depends how quickly you recover. I teach hairdressing at a college so my work involves standing all day and carrying heavy folders and as we are not allowed to lift heavy Items for a month then I couldn't risk going back sooner.
I actually feel ok now .it has been 16 days since my op. The only thing that is really bothering me is I am exhausted all the time and it's hard to get on with things when you have no energy..
I must admit the first 2 weeks were hard as I felt quite weak and I was getting breathless apparently all normal.
It doesn't mean you will feel like that though I have seen many posts on here about people going back to work after 8 days.Everybody's recovery is individual xxx

thanks Mrsg90 & Andie

off this weekend to buy pjs and chewable vitamins, am i buying protein shakes???you know the holland and baratt body builders tubs?

because i am using B Beings and the call a week before to go through everything i feel a bit out on a limb in terms of knowledge!

what do i need to go buy? i got ear plugs..... kindle....lol help

Andie how are you ow feeling?

thanks Mrsg90 & Andie off this weekend to buy pjs and chewable vitamins, am i buying protein shakes???you know the holland and baratt body builders tubs? because i am using B Beings and the call a week before to go through everything i feel a bit out on a limb in terms of knowledge! what do i need to go buy? i got ear plugs..... kindle....lol help Andie how are you ow feeling?

When I went into hospital I took nighties toiletries medication and towel. Lip balm is also useful as your lips get very dry.
Phone and charger.
With regards to protien shakes I would get a few samples first to see what you like.
I am feeling a bit better this week still feeling tired but finding things easier every day.
Good luck with everything xxx

Alfiemoomin, you are off to Czech very soon aren't you. Did you have a consultation prior to you travelling over for your op? What company are B Beings. I did try sending a pm to you but you haven't got up to your 50 posts yet!

Debbie

Hey Gladys Friday, beautiful being Surrey....... going abroad doesn't phase me i have worked in health and social care in UK long enough to know our hospitals are often not as superior as abroad. I went abroad years ago to have lipo (n the slimmer days lol), i don't have a nervousness to 'foreign' places, as they are perfectly fine to select or choose. often they have better than what we do in their theatres. Personal choice.

xxx

trying very hard to get to 50, so being creative and answering separately !

Andy..... thanks for list, ill try a few shakes, good idea, as might end up with something i won't stomach...... literally ha ha

anyone else want to add to list of suggestions? I'm travelling light with hand luggage so essentials or lights really

can't believe its just over week till i fly out!

xxx

I must add Gladys, i have told my GP he is incredibly supportive, i did feel if he wasn't i would make use of my local walk in to get stitches removed. I'm funding privately, and taking responsibility and I'm only asking NHS to remove stitches, i feel its a fair deal as someone else can 'have my funding', thats how i view paying private. I am lucky enough to be able to scrape the pennies together, some i know are not.

xxx

Hey Alf

Do you have to go on a Liquid diet? Mines just cutting out the rubbish. I tried just having soup but it's making my head hurt, gonna try again tomorrow

Back